Let the saving begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-dawg5

Reaction score
Today i decided on the ukulele i shall next inquire! i cant wait to order this fantastic ukulele. Today i chose to start saving for a Pono Pro Classic Series Acacia, With a slotted head stock, and a pick up. i currently have $20 dollars saved up, but sadly i estimated i need about $1115. And to add on im 15 and have no job:( so the savings shall begin. wish me luck fellow UUers. Any Feedback about this ukulele would be appreciated! Or other ukuleles of about the same quality. AHHHH i want my ukulele now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shaka: :iwant:

Pono's are Great High Quality Uke's and have one of the Best looking Slotted Headstocks!...

Great Choice!:cool:

i KNow it looks great all around, im so excited! do you have a pono? if so what model?

I know how that feels !
I'm currently saving up for something too. The problem is, the saving up is taking so long that what I want tends to change every few days.
Nonetheless, it's a long road ahead

Good luck with your savings. Stay strong when the temptation comes to buy that new video game! The uke will last 100 times longer than the time you'll spend playing NBA2k13 or Borderlands 2. I dunno if this is in bad taste... it's not in my family, but we're Chinese, but ask for cash for birthdays and holidays. Learning how to save is a very good habit, especially if learned earlier and by working hard and saving will make you treasure the Ukulele that much more.

i KNow it looks great all around, im so excited! do you have a pono? if so what model?

I have a Tenor Mahogany Pono MHTSH and it Looks, Sounds and Plays Awesome!...

IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

Last edited:
Babysit. Yard work. House keeping. Tutor younger kids. Here 15 year olds detassel corn. Take back soda cans. Have a yard sale.

There is always a way.

I currently have 4 pono's but have had 7 all together. I just sold a beautiful MHTSH-E and plan on putting my RTSHC up for sale in a week or so. I currently own:
2012 Pono RTSH-5 tenor
2011 Pono RTSHC tenor
2010 Pono MPTSH tenor
2011 Pono MS soprano

These Pono's are great instruments. the construction is top notch and the tone is excellent as long as you get the right string on each one. They are quality instruments. You can't go wrong with a Pono purchase and since you are buying a quality instrument, it will retain its resale value as long as you take care of it. Save that money and keep your eyes on the prize and you will be there in no time.

I debated on saving for the ATD but i thought, I love a slotted head stock, no trim looks awkward, and I can barley see the roset. Since I'm spending so much money I want to get what I want! So the pro serries just has to be bought. Hopefully soon, I mean I'm 1/10 the way there! I wish it'd snow already so I can go shovel people's drive ways for so extra cash!!

I wish you the best on the saving process! There's nothing more rewarding than saving up for something you really want, and those Pro Classics are amazing. My mom just ordered one and it arrives today. I haven't seen her that giddy since we went to Disney World, haha.

Keep an eye out on the Marketplace, too. Every once in a while one of them shows up there at a good price. I'm excited for you! :)

The Pono ukes are fantastic ukuleles. I have a Pono baritone and I just ordered a Pono Mahogany Tenor last night. You won't be disappointed at all. If you haven't already, you should go to their web site and read the FAQ. You are 15 and have twenty dollars saved. Don't worry, Christmas is coming so make sure it is on the top of your list and that everyone knows it.:drool:

Today i decided on the ukulele i shall next inquire! i cant wait to order this fantastic ukulele. Today i chose to start saving for a Pono Pro Classic Series Acacia, With a slotted head stock, and a pick up. i currently have $20 dollars saved up, but sadly i estimated i need about $1115. And to add on im 15 and have no job:( so the savings shall begin. wish me luck fellow UUers. Any Feedback about this ukulele would be appreciated! Or other ukuleles of about the same quality. AHHHH i want my ukulele now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shaka: :iwant:

I like the minimal decorations. Soon HMS will be replacing my cruddy cordoba with an electric pono AT. They have a great sight. What uke do you have now? If you are good enough, you could try busking.

Top Bottom