Strings for Koaloha Pineapple Sunday

Jellios

Reaction score
Hi everyone, would like to ask for recommendations of strings for the Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, it comes with Worth Clears and I would like it to sound brighter. Any recommendations for strings to change to?

It'd be great if fellow Pineapple Sunday users could share their thoughts on this!

Thanks

You're not gonna believe this, but their strings from the factory are not worths. They are Japanese monophiliment (SP??) fishing line. The sell Worths however.

I have tried Worth Browns- nice sound, but not bright- and PhD. PhD sound nice, better with high g than low g. I'll probably throw Aquillas on next or South Coast.

Hi everyone, would like to ask for recommendations of strings for the Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, it comes with Worth Clears and I would like it to sound brighter. Any recommendations for strings to change to?

It'd be great if fellow Pineapple Sunday users could share their thoughts on this!

Thanks

Oh, I just got my PS. I'm just gonna go with Pops' strings. I think he knows best. (Just my opinion)

I would suggest not putting on high tension strings on your pineapple since it is a light built uke...you could damage it.... martin M600 or freemont..

Thanks for your replies! I was thinking of Worth Browns next to test the tone on it since I have a spare pack.

Somehow I like Worth strings so much that all my ukes are stringed with Worths, having tried D'Addario and Aquila.

On my Koaloha soprano with tenor neck, I took off Pop's factory fishing line and put on Worth Browns. Much improved distinction for individual notes when picking, in my opinion. I find Worth Browns to be dull and lifeless on heavier built ukes....but on a Koaloha, theyre divine.

Perhaps you'd find the same on your PS, especially since you have a pack right in frnt of you, OP. lol. Gluck.

I have Aquilas on my Pineapple Sunday and I think they make it to bright. I'm going to try some Worth browns on it and see if it will take a little of the brightness out of it.

Thanks for your replies! I was thinking of Worth Browns next to test the tone on it since I have a spare pack.

Somehow I like Worth strings so much that all my ukes are stringed with Worths, having tried D'Addario and Aquila.

The Browns are nice strings, but they are not as bright as any of the clear flourocarbons.
I use the Browns when I want to mellow out a uke.
I like the clear bell tones I get from PHD's and clear flourocarbons.

Try Living Water by Ken, they will make it brighter than CTs without putting on too much tension.

Try Living Water by Ken, they will make it brighter than CTs without putting on too much tension.

I have been wanting to put Living Water on my PS (I love them on my Kanilea and KoAloha tenor) but I didn't know whether to go with the tenor or concert high g option. I was leaning concert. What did you select?

Top Bottom