How do you show your love for your uke

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha Kakou,
Yeah I love my B&D Special, a collaboration between Willie Wixom and myself.
Bought a nice Uke Crazy case with a built in Hygrometer, and had a shirt made of her.
What have you guys and gals done?..................BO..................

Attachments

• 2012-06-14 021.jpg
    2012-06-14 021.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 548486_4590449243995_1223164640_n.jpg
    548486_4590449243995_1223164640_n.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 78
Put Lokahi in an Ameritage case with built in hygrometer. And play it lovingly. Same with my new Pineapple Sunday.

hey Bo,

nothing out of the ordinary mate...chocolates and red wine, the occasional candle lit meal; I buy her favourite fluorocarbons on our anniversary and lovingly string her up; I have photos of us hanging in the usual places, and at Christmas time I massage her in lemon oil while we watch re runs of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. Just the standard stuff.

And in between times I concentrate on playing her into sawdust...he he :p

Playing them. Lots. Potentially too much but hey that what we do best, ae?

Very nice answers. Taking care of them insures that we have a long relationship for sure. @Eugene, pretty cool answer Bruddah......................................BO...........................

I always tell them how blessed I feel having them; telling them they'll never be sold in my lifetime. And, the usual stuff like Jon said earlier.

hey Bo,

nothing out of the ordinary mate...chocolates and red wine, the occasional candle lit meal; I buy her favourite fluorocarbons on our anniversary and lovingly string her up; I have photos of us hanging in the usual places, and at Christmas time I massage her in lemon oil while we watch re runs of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. Just the standard stuff.

And in between times I concentrate on playing her into sawdust...he he :p

Jeez, I think I need a cigarette after reading that. And no, I don't smoke.

I did a photo shoot of mine that took longer than one I would do for a human.

ttbu.jpg

I tickle their strings. That's all they really want from me. That, and a nice rubdown with a microfiber cloth.

Hey Bo.

I play them every day to make sure that they don't feel neglected and give them really nice cases to live in. They get plenty of water to keep them from getting thirsty when it's dry. And every once in awhile, I take all of them out and let them hang out together and have a kanikapila!

My Timms is still young, and the Gibson (yup, that one gets the definite article) is really old, so they mostly kick it around the house. The sopranino is my daughter's, and although she's six months old, she's surprising territorial. (As an aside, kids are great for UAS!)

My Bruko, however, needs room to play. We walk the dog, go out on the boat, go for bike rides -- and no, Pootsie, I'm not at your level of playing-whilst-riding yet -- and generally terrorize the neighborhood. My wife complains that I'm a social butterfly, but I keep telling her it's not me, it's the Bruko!

Bo -- that shirt is sweet. May have to steal that idea.

Every day I get up, walk into the room with the ukes hanging on the wall, go up to each one, look it squarely in the sound hole and say "I promise I will never anthropomorphize you."

Wow, this could be a bumper (or some other kind of) sticker, maybe embroidered on a shirt/etc?

It might be a great 'motto' for ukulele song circles :)

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom