Ukers with video cameras - I need your help!

23skidoo

Reaction score
Howdy UU folks-

I'm asking for volunteers!

I'm working on a pretty ambitious video project and I'm hoping our community here can help me out with some footage.

I need 10-20 second video clips of really just about anything. Things I would especially love to see-

- Static shots of individuals or small groups in different environments. Not a photo, but maybe 10 seconds of video of them looking at the camera, posed or doing whatever they'd like. I'm particularly interested in this - people of different backgrounds, races, occupations, different settings.... I'm looking for a visually interesting variety of folks.

- monumental architecture

- mountains

- oceans

- urban scenes - I'm thinking NYC streets....

- really anything that you find visually pleasing - landscapes, people, farms....anything!

I'm not too worried about quality - short clips made with an iPhone or iPad would be great! If you're walking down the street or see something interesting, please take a few seconds to document it.

I'm thinking most of these clips will be small enough to e-mail. If you're interested in contributing, just send me a PM, and I'll send you my e-mail address. If you have a clip too large to e-mail and wouldn't mind posting it to a site like Media Fire, I would be eternally grateful.

This is a collaborative project I've been working on with a local friend and another member here on the Underground. We've put a lot of effort into making the audio recording and I'd like to end up with a visually compelling video - unfortunately, most of the things I've listed above aren't to be found here in Atlanta!

I'm going to try to start editing video next week, so if you've got something to send, if you could get it to me by next Monday, the 24th, that would be great! If you've got something in mind and would like a little more time, just let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for any help you're willing to lend!

Last edited:
This is so sad...I just realized that there is none of that interesting stuff where I live... :(

Do you want uke related stuff? WE have a small uke fest in our town on Saturday in a very beautiful location...
How about Stone mountain? Lake Lanier? Little Five Points (if the people are anything like they were when I hung out there), Is the Big Chicken Still in Marietta?
I live in a tiny town outside of Albany but I will see if I can record something interesting for you if I can..
IF there is anyone in Seattle the Troll bridge would be fantastic... I hope you will share your project with us.

Do you specifically want N. America? I have quite a number of short video clips taken round where I live in North East England.

Doesn't need to be uke specific or North American.... rereading my previous post, I should emphasize I'm most interested in shots of people and landscapes - wherever and whomever they may be. I've gotten quite a bit of footage from around town, but I'm looking for a little more variety.

I guess there's really no point in being secretive - I'll be posting it here as soon as it's done. The tune is a medley of the Dave Rawlings Machine song 'I Hear Them All' and Woody Guthrie's 'This Land Is Your Land'. The lyrics to the Dave Rawlings tune are here, if you're interested and I suppose most folks know 'This Land'. TCK and I have been working on this in fits and starts for the better part of a year and it's finally coming to fruition. If you can think of any images that fit these tunes, I'd be most grateful. Thanks for helping out, folks....

I'm driving around the US Southwest touring a few of the parks. Only got free internet yesterday but haven't had time to check in on UU till now. My roomie is snoring something fierce and I can't sleep with all the buzz sawing going on. ARGH!

Anywho, I'm off to Moab tomorrow, I'll see if I can get you some scenery from Arches Nat. Park. :)

I'm driving around the US Southwest touring a few of the parks. Only got free internet yesterday but haven't had time to check in on UU till now. My roomie is snoring something fierce and I can't sleep with all the buzz sawing going on. ARGH!

Anywho, I'm off to Moab tomorrow, I'll see if I can get you some scenery from Arches Nat. Park. :)

Perfect! Many thanks, Trinimon.....

I've got some clips from Paris -- a few street scenes, the metro, Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, etc.

I hope to get my act together to send a couple things. Can't wait to see it!

Doug - and anyone else - if you've got something in a format to share, just let me know by PM. Street scenes of Paris would be great..... I appreciate the help!

Looking forward to what you come up with, pootsie! Thanks in advance....

And thanks for the great clips, v30 - they're perfect.....

I can't guarantee what you send will be used, but I appreciate y'all even thinking about taking the time to send me clips. This really is a labor of love and I dig the idea that the visual resources will be pulled together from our community here on UU! Thanks!

Skidoo, If you can use still photos of stuff, I am a location scout and have 10s of thousands of scenery/building/urban shots.
peewee

Skidoo, If you can use still photos of stuff, I am a location scout and have 10s of thousands of scenery/building/urban shots.
peewee

thanks, peewee - going to try and do all video, but I'll keep it in mind....

I'm going to selfishly give this a little pre-weekend bump......

....and thanks Doug!

One more bump..... if you're interested in sending something over and haven't, here's your chance! I'm going to begin the final editing in a couple of days....

Thanks to everyone who submitted videos - I've got some great stuff pulled together! I really appreciate y'all taking the time to help out....

it's coming..... I actually discovered archive.org thanks to weegingayin and have spent/wasted a bunch of time searching through public domain videos looking for material as well.... the last week has been pretty busy, but I'm hoping to have it finished up in the next week or two.....

Top Bottom