PDA

View Full Version : Let's say hypothetically...

BTWriter
11-13-2008, 03:40 PM
A person was stupid and forgot about his humidifier, which was submerged in water, and didn't fish it out for an hour or two.

Hypothetically, it was one of the little clay types that you're supposed to soak for five minutes.

Would this hypothetical humidifier release too much hypothetical humidity within a hypothetical uke case?

I'm guessing 5 mins is just the minimum time to totally saturate the clay, but I just wanted to be sure...I don't want to open my case and have my uke turn into dust like a vampire in sunlight.

A hypothetical vampire.

puremarkska
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I think as long as the clay isn't falling apart on you (by you, I mean you, hypothetically) it should be all g. It can only soak up so much water and once it hits saturation, that's it. As long as it's not dissolving, here's no such thing as over-saturation.

Just don't make it a hypothetical habit.

ukeninam
11-13-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah hypothetically I don't think its going to ruin the clay disk but I'm iffy on the whole putting it into the case maybe this person should really just leave it out of the case for a day or two and see where its at from there.

UkeNinja
11-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I'd be more worried if the hypothetical you had soaked his or hypothetically her yookalaylee in a bucket, and not the humidifier. Worried, that is, if the bucket were indeed hypothetically filled with water at the time of soakage. But you state that such was the case.

Is it not an option to dry the humidifier (even though the water will be gone in no time, it will take some time to dry out that one-hour-neglect bad karma...) and try again, this time being less hypothetical and more alert to you egg timer?

Zachincool
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
You can always not risk it and get a new humidifier, that, hypothetically is not clay and one of the plastic ones. :)

flop2
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
HI ZACH
:nana::eek::nana::eek:

salukulady
11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Hypothetically, if you moved to the beach you wouldn't hafta worry about a hypothetical humidifier or the hypothetical over soaking of it. (glad I live at the beach.....but now I have learned how to spell hypothetical at least......)

BTWriter
11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Hypothetically...if you moved the beach to my house, not only would i not have to worry about my hypothetical humidifier, but I wouldn't have to worry about hypothetically moving to the beach!

So why haven't you done it yet...huh?

Hypothetically selfish, are we?

salukulady
11-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Okay, I've hypothetically moved your house to the beach. Now your hypothetical ukulele will no longer need a humidifier. So play me a hypothetical song on that hypothetical uke,......hypothetically speaking, of course!