what kind of guitar do i have?

BUGOY

Reaction score
I have this shallow body acoustic/electric guitar. i guess for the most part, Its an Ovation. but here the kicker... on the headstock it says Ovation, but the sticker inside the sound hole says Celebrity, then the battery compartment for the pick up says Applause. Im confused... haha! I guess Ovation had a bunch of spare parts and decided to make guitars out of them at a decent price. Ive had this guitar for about 10 years now and i still havent seen any other like it with the same identity problem! :p

your guitar is filipino. hehehe

brown skin, slanted eyes, spanish last name, want to be white, but stateside we think we're black.
yeah i think your guitar is filipino.

haha ok disclaimer time:
IM FILIPINO. and proud of it. i just threw out those stereotypes as a joke. no race wars now mmmkay? haha

Last edited:
Ovation is the maker, applause is the pickup, celebrity is the model. Depending on the top it is a variant of the 257.

I had one of these in a quarter sawn spruce top it really worked out well except that it would slide off my knee at inopertune times

it would slide off my knee at inopertune times

Ya Tell me about it! When i got it, I only had the intention of using it with a strap because i played with a church choir. since i was used to playing with my electric, i chose the shallow bowl...and i didn't wanna look like a Mariachi. haha! So now one of the strap pegs fell off and i have no choice but to play it on my knee. slip n slide...weeee!

You can spray some rhino liner on there or some rubber in a can and it will help alot. I did not do it becaus eI only played it every now and then if it was my main I would totally do it.

Top Bottom