FT: Koaloha Soprano with case

d-mace

Reaction score
Hi UU, I'm looking at trading my nearly new (Jun 2012 build date stamp) Koaloha soprano with Uke Crazy canvas hard case. Beautiful dark koa. Playability is excellent. Nice low action, crisp tone, light weight, great intonation and no buzzing. No marks or issues.

Only reason for wanting to trade is that my itchy trigger finger bought a Koaloha concert the other night and I know it will have a similar tone to the soprano. All of my nice ukes are koa and I'd like to get something in mahogany, mango, etc...

I'm interested in an old Martin, Kiwaya, Ken Timms, Newton, Loprinzi, Black Bear, Earnest, Kepasa, etc...At this time I'm not interested in any of the asian imported ukes.

Even trades or +/- cash work for me also...

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpg
    IMG_3467.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3468.jpg
    IMG_3468.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3470.jpg
    IMG_3470.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3471.jpg
    IMG_3471.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 71
Nice uke

I'm in the market for one of these, but don't have anything to trade. Is there a cash price you would accept?

Last edited:
I'm in the market for one of these, but don't have anything to trade. Is there a cash price you would accept?

Yeah...the reason I was looking to trade was because I paid alot for it. I bought it locally which was nice because I got
to choose my favorite one. I think I paid the full retail price because it was more than HMS's without a case and I had to pay CA sales tax.

I see...

Fair enough. Good luck with the trade, but send me a PM if you change your mind.

Fair enough. Good luck with the trade, but send me a PM if you change your mind.

PM sent...only mentioning it because I'm not seeing it in my sent folder.

I highly recommend you sell this baby and pick up a Ken Timms Soprano. I just received mine and I can't believe the sound or the quality. Completely nuts!

Wow. That is REALLY dark koa. Cool looking though!

Thanks for the comments and offers everyone. I've decided to keep this one. The Koaloha soprano is one of my least favorite uke designs in terms of body shape and crown fretboard end, but it's got a sound that is not replicated on any other soprano I've tried. At least the koa is fun to look at!

I think in the long run you will be happier keeping it. I play my KoAloha once a month or two and I forget how it is such a 'stand out' instrument for the size....

I'm always cautious handling it, it feels like I could crush it between my finger and thumb.

Scott

I'm always cautious handling it, it feels like I could crush it between my finger and thumb.

Yes...! They build them light and the tops are thinner than just about everything else I've seen. This must have something to do with their tone.

that is the prettiest I have seen! Wow!

Hi David,
That is one little beauty I would hang onto it.
You should check out David Newton's mahogany sopranos they have that play me look.

You should check out David Newton's mahogany sopranos they have that play me look.

Funny thing...I was chatting with David last night and ended up buying it. Looking forward to getting it. By all accounts it should be as light as the Koaloha...or lighter :) Which means I need to post a couple of ukes for sale today. I'm trying to keep my inventory down to two...not sure why but it just sounds like the right thing to do in my ever-changing mind.

Top Bottom