Kickstarter Campaign for new CD from Aaron Keim! Please check it out!

aaronckeim

Reaction score
I'm in.

Thanks for the opportunity to back you, Aaron!

-Kurt​

I'm in - looking forward to hearing the new CD.
--G

I listened on the link - it's lovely stuff! I hope it does well! Aaron, I'm intrigued by "Black Jack Daisy"..... I've always known that song as Black Jack Davey..... has it undergone a metamorphosis? I know the folk songs taken over did change in space and time, like "Chinese Whispers".... Also, are the songs all played on uke, or other instruments>

BIG NEWS: We have launched our Kickstarter campaign for our new CD! Please click here to learn more about it and support with a pre-order or more. It is a folk opera based on the murder ballad Wild Bill Jones with lots of old timey banjo, ukulele, duet vocals and modern indie production. Please help us out and be a part of something big! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1711143258/the-quiet-american-vol-iii-wild-bill-jones

I remember watching a youtube performance and you mentioned you were writing this album. Look forward to hearing it

I Just read all the pledge incentives- great idea Aaron and I really hope you do well. If i had a spare $1250, i'd opt for the house concert and cocktail night- Is your signature drink a "Uke sucking cowboy" ?

Last edited:
BFG- I learned Black Jack Daisy from Mike Seeger and thats how he sang it. It is part of a whole family of songs that come from one of the old ballads. Blackjack Daisy, Blackjack Davey, The Gypsy Davy etc....All related to each other with many variations.

The songs will be on uke, tenor guitar and banjo with bass, percussion, organ, harmony vocals etc...added.

Glad to have an opportunity to support this!
Looking forward to some tasty new (old) tunes.

Here is the track listing as of today:
Apple In the Fall- Original
Come Walking With Me- Original
Wild Bill Jones- Traditional
Quail Parade- Original
Posy's Song- Original
Crooked Tree Waltz- Original
Gallows Pole- Traditional
What Are They Doing In Heaven Today- Washington Phillips
Sunflower River Blues- John Fahey
Free Little Bird- Traditional
True Love Will Find You In The End- Daniel Johnston

This just happened to pop into my head. Only a few hous left so I thought I'd give Aaron a little bump. Surely there are a few more people out there who would like to preorder the new Quiet American album. I bet we could get to 100 supporters.

Just downloaded and listened to the new album.
It is amazing!!!
Well done Aaron. You must be so pleased with the results. Such a complete, thoughtful and beautiful collection of songs. Truly tell a story in the way you intended.

Hah, hah - I thought this was a new thread - tried to go to kickstarter to contribute and realized my mistake.

I guess I better order the album - I just got Vol II via Etsy and it came today - great stuff!

John

Top Bottom