Anyone here ever play a Pegasus ukulele?

Stevelele

Reaction score
Just curious--I've heard good things. If you are shy and want to just PM me, feel free to do that, too.

Just curious--I've heard good things. If you are shy and want to just PM me, feel free to do that, too.

Sounds and plays very nice as most well built hawaiian custom luthiers...Problem is you will not get one unless you win the million dollar lottery. Bob takes no preorders and when he makes one they last about 60 seconds on his website...often appearing only once or twice a year so need to be diligent and get a computor program to watch for the listing on his website...lol

I have several ukuleles that Bob has designed. The name of the brand is Lehua. www.lehuaukuleles.com. Of the concert size, I have the original style, laminated made in Mexico. The second(current) models are made in Portugal. I also have #3 of 5 which were made to determine if it would be profitably marketable. They were not put into production due to cost.

The correct address is www.lehuaukulele.com it is singular,not plural, even though the line is soprano-long neck soprano-concert and tenor. They now come with Aquila strings and through the body attachment .

Last edited:
i saw a pegasus uke at the big island uke guild show two years ago in kailua-kona. it had a fender style headstock. i was told not to touch it; it was from a "private collection". i've also heard that many of these ukes are sold in japan. ukulelefriend.com has had them for sale(briefly).

Last edited:

Liko and Pegasus 8 string. I bought it for him about 20 years ago for a grad present when he finished his AA. He loves it.

liko_pegasus2.jpg

Forgot to add a link of Liko playing Ka Lei Hulu `o Ho`omau on the Pegasus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFGUuaPv2TY

Last edited:
Pegasus Ukulele from Albuquerque, NM

Here's some pictures of one that I bought at an estate sale in New Mexico in 1994. The previous owner had it custom made in 1984. I had no idea what I bought so I used to loan it out to friends. I have since learned that Pegasus ukes are hard to find and are in high demand so nowadays only me and my family members play it. IMG_0911.jpgIMG_0910.jpgIMG_0907.jpgIMG_0904.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping to see more Pegasus uke pics, videos, or sound samples.

Anybody play one of these fine instruments?

Top Bottom