New Ukes

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
I don't usually post my work here as I'm mostly a Luthier Lounge geek. But I am especially proud of these. I built them for our guild's show next month in Hilo.
Better shots can be found on my web site Gallery2. (The arm rest bevel is something I hope to never do again!)
Aloha & thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_0024_2.jpg
    DSC_0024_2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 197
Wow...simply stunning...and I really like that arm rest bevel...

Beautiful work, Chuck! I have a large-bodied guitar by Allan Beardsell with an armrest bevel. On a big guitar, it really makes it more comfortable to hold for a long period of time. I'm not sure I'd notice it as much on a uke, but it sure does look nice!

I think carving it out of a solid block of wood would be next to impossible to do cleanly. At least for me. No, the ebony was bent and fitted with a Spanish cedar bracing behind it. The ledges for the purfling are hand cut. Taylor Guitar charges $1400 for the arm rest bevels they have started doing on their guitars. And that's with all their fancy CNC machines and lasers. Know I know why it's so expensive!

Wow! You should be proud of those Chuck, they're beautiful. Wish I was going to be in Hilo for the show. I love the arm rest. Never saw that before.

I think carving it out of a solid block of wood would be next to impossible to do cleanly. At least for me. No, the ebony was bent and fitted with a Spanish cedar bracing behind it. The ledges for the purfling are hand cut. Taylor Guitar charges $1400 for the arm rest bevels they have started doing on their guitars. And that's with all their fancy CNC machines and lasers. Know I know why it's so expensive!

Yeah, Taylor's bevel is done by hand. The guitar is built, and the section where the arm rest is is open. They glue in a precut block, then a guy (not machine) carves it by hand until it blends into the binding. And they're now charging $1500 for it, Lots of work, but very very comfortable on a guitar.

Great job on yours! Look forward to seeing more :)

very Nice Chuck..

does the arm rest bevel feel more comfortable? it looks real good in ebony..
wish i could get one Ha Ha..

take care

That is perhaps the most beautiful uke I have ever seen in my life. Awesome!

Your ukes have the power to induce a Pavlov-type response in me. Before I even had clicked on the thread, I was drooling. They are so beautiful!! I always love your inlay work, especially your interesting choices of materials for the designs. Ahhh.... so nice.

Beautiful instruments! Very celebratory, festive inlay. Exquisite koa.

Absolutely amazing!
Of course, I especially love the canoe inlay.
What will come of them after the show?

Stunning ukulele and glad you finally tried an arm rest bevel.

Are they already spoken for or can I call "Dibs"? I'm serious! :)

Top Bottom