Poinsettia on ebay

ChrisRCovington

Reaction score
Wow. Pricey.

As I recall, there was a substantial and controversial discussion about this exact instrument on the Flea market music board as well.

I know I'm pretty new to the world of the ukulele ... but I don't get it. Maybe it's just a matter of taste.

I know I'm pretty new to the world of the ukulele ... but I don't get it. Maybe it's just a matter of taste.

It is a matter of taste. Clearly you have GOOD taste which is why you find this ukulele ummm... well you know... ugly (I'm assuming that's what you're thinking anyway). To be honest I agree 100%. However that does not make it any less valuable lol.

It is a matter of taste. Clearly you have GOOD taste which is why you find this ukulele ummm... well you know... ugly (I'm assuming that's what you're thinking anyway). To be honest I agree 100%. However that does not make it any less valuable lol.

Yeah, that about sums it up. Why ruin a good uke with that stuff? Now, a nice inlay is a different matter. If I had the dough and could get one fading paint job or two fresh, new Moore Bettah's? No-brainer.

Also, LOL @ "mother-of-toilet-seat" from GMoney

Does any one know what was the point of these ukes? Like, are they lower quality, but they came out around xmas for people to buy as presents? I guess that would make some sense - the 1930s version of the gift to get the guy/gal who has everything?

Or...were they serious??? :confused:

Poinseittas are a high end Gibson uke which had handpainted graphics on them. I think they look quite nice, and would blend in perfectly if I was wearing a Hawaiian-themed shirt. But then I'd look like I was just strumming away on my paunch. Hmmm :p

Well there is another one up for sale on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1929-1930-G...ruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item257735919b

I think this shows the variation Gibson used when making these. Instead of that rainbow colored inlay on the fingerboard this one has hand painted poinsettias for fret markers. These things remind me of old tacky Christmas ornaments from the 50's and 60's. Maybe if someone buys it they can hang it in a silver Christmas tree? :)

Also speaking of that rainbow inlay found on some of these: Poin_FBD_Lg.jpg What is that stuff? Mother of what the fudge? ("Only I didn't say 'fudge.' I said the word. The big one. The queen mother of dirty words. The 'f, dash, dash, dash' word." ralphie.jpeg)

Top Bottom