PDA

View Full Version : My New Laminate Hollow core bathroom door has more figuring than my mohagany ukes

mm stan
09-21-2012, 12:04 AM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/NewArrivals92012026_zpsdb661937.jpg[/QUOTE]:):o

consitter
09-21-2012, 12:06 AM
That is one purty door!

dkcrown
09-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Oh no Stan. Is this going to start a case of DAS?

garyg
09-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Stanley, how does it sound when you slam it?

mm stan
09-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Ha ha It makes a good drum though...but not when someone is knocking for me to hurry up....ha ha LOL

kvehe
09-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Yes, your bathroom door is definitely better than my bathroom door. No comparison.

coolkayaker1
09-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Echoing bathroom soundbox, pretty door top soundwood.

All you need now is something to generate a baritone sound from inside and you'd have a giant ukulele. Any ideas?

Please post a video. Lol

PhilUSAFRet
09-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Maybe you could string up some wires on the inside a' la' diddley bow and play some blues when you can't go?

OldePhart
09-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Enquiring minds want to know...has it improved the tone of the sounds coming from that room? LOL

bazmaz
09-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Awwww, it's not book matched... ;-)

PoiDog
09-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Maybe you could string up some wires on the inside a' la' diddley bow and play some blues when you can't go?

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbfnP3nhghk

ksiegel
09-21-2012, 08:04 AM
You could always set up some strings on that thing, you know...

-Kurt

fitncrafty
09-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Stan you started a good one...next thing you know he will have some builder with a jig saw and a template cutting out a sound board...who needs a bathroom door anyway?
I been cracking up at this thread and a few others today, ukers are funny people.

mds725
09-21-2012, 08:52 AM
My New Laminate Hollow core bathroom door has more figuring than my mahogany ukes

Build an ukulele out of it!

vanflynn
09-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Hey Stan, did you get the proper documentation to ensure it isn't an illegaly imported exotic wood bathroom door?

808boy
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Eh Bruddah Stan,
String it up like an Autoharp, then you can play "I hear you knocking, but you can't come in".

Paul December
09-21-2012, 09:10 AM
If you like it now, you'll love it in a few years when it "opens up".

coolkayaker1
09-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Ingenious! The shower humidity inside the bathroom will keep the wooden door from developing cracks. It'll always project the bathroom sounds with good volume and tone.

I'm wondering, though, if it's a tad bright and pinchy sounding? Or, is it more warm? Soundfile please.

chrimess
09-21-2012, 09:23 AM
makes a great 1 piece solid body uke, no bookmatching required.

Newportlocal
09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
The plain straight grain on your ukes probably sounds better.

damn! That music video was great. He got the blues.

ukuleledaveey
09-21-2012, 10:26 AM
if you have the constipation blues then i guess that laminate mahogany door would be made by poohno instead of pono !!!!

Our toilet door has teeth marks in from the constipation blues

PoiDog
09-21-2012, 12:17 PM
if you have the constipation blues then i guess that laminate mahogany door would be made by poohno instead of pono !!!!

Our toilet door has teeth marks in from the constipation blues

The plain straight grain on your ukes probably sounds better.

damn! That music video was great. He got the blues.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins was a wild man. One of my favorite all-time faves of all time. That cat was just out there.

Newportlocal
09-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Screamin' Jay Hawkins was a wild man. One of my favorite all-time faves of all time. That cat was just out there.
So was Howlin Wolf:D Loved your video.

mm stan
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbfnP3nhghk
I got the blues, as I cant get it out
It's stuck in there no doubt
I had closed the damn door
because it was sooo sooo sore...
Please don't bother me, as you can see
I am hurting so bad, I hope I can set my pooh soo free in me:o

hmgberg
09-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Braddah Stan:

I think your door looks so nice because it is flatsawn, not quartersawn like the wood on your ukuleles.

You can come out of the bathroom now.

Nickie
09-21-2012, 05:29 PM
OMG y'all are crackin me up!

coolkayaker1
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Stan, do me favor: crack the door and leave the light on when you're done. Mahalo.

AndrewKuker
09-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Ya, curly mahogany is really hard to find. I'd say you'd be best to go down to Home Depot and find one of these fabulous and figured hollow core doors and taken it to your nearest builder for a custom. Guaranteed to be psychedelic~ (with that warm mahogany tone!)

mm stan
09-22-2012, 04:28 AM
[QUOTE=coolkayaker1;1051646]Stan, do me favor: crack the door and leave the light on when you're done. Mahalo.[/QUOTE
Yeah with all that Flatuance, I mean methane...it might be dangerous....but I don't smoke...LOL

mm stan
09-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Ya, curly mahogany is really hard to find. I'd say you'd be best to go down to Home Depot and find one of these fabulous and figured hollow core doors and taken it to your nearest builder for a custom. Guaranteed to be psychedelic~ (with that warm mahogany tone!)

Ha ha maybe I can cut a hole the shape of a concert uke body from my door and send it to Ko'olau and your dad to get a neck attached
and electrics...woo hoo...I'm shua he can bend some sides for me..:o

AndrewKuker
09-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Ha ha maybe I can cut a hole the shape of a concert uke body from my door and send it to Ko'olau and your dad to get a neck attached
and electrics...woo hoo...I'm shua he can bend some sides for me..:o

ahhh, those buggahs, they too ...dakine...hauli.....gotta find Bula, he can makum cherry.. garans! oh wait...Stan! I just realized...there will be an ukulele cutout on your bathroom door. That might get awkward for company. no?...

AndrewKuker
09-22-2012, 05:19 AM
I got it! You can stick the uke in the hole :nana:

TheCraftedCow
09-22-2012, 07:13 AM
At the top of the door (so it goes through the framing wood) screw in a metal hook or an eye. To that, attach a length of weed whacker line which will reach to the floor. To that end, after drilling a hole through a broom handle (by the broom head, if you want to keep using it for its intended purpose) run the line and tie a simple knot. Place the bottom of the broom against the bottom of the door and tighten the line. Pluck away to your heart's content. It is very effective for getting people out of the bathroom!! When I was in the USN, someone did it on a quonset hut with a piece of parachute line. It really lets one know what it is like to have someone tap on the side of a fish bowl. If there is a bedroom door nearby, you and someone else could have a musical dooret.

coolkayaker1
09-22-2012, 09:08 AM
At the top of the door (so it goes through the framing wood) screw in a metal hook or an eye. .

Or better than a hook eye, screw in some Pegheads so that you can easily adjust the tension of the weed whacker line.

mm stan
09-22-2012, 10:00 AM
ahhh, those buggahs, they too ...dakine...hauli.....gotta find Bula, he can makum cherry.. garans! oh wait...Stan! I just realized...there will be an ukulele cutout on your bathroom door. That might get awkward for company. no?...

Ha Ha You mean my new peekaboo hole?? he he Jus gonna glue a veneer on the inside and use it as a shadow box....ha ha LOL Bula eh, not shua I gonna git um back...

ichadwick
09-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Bathroom doors are what laminates are best at.

mm stan
09-23-2012, 05:10 AM
At the top of the door (so it goes through the framing wood) screw in a metal hook or an eye. To that, attach a length of weed whacker line which will reach to the floor. To that end, after drilling a hole through a broom handle (by the broom head, if you want to keep using it for its intended purpose) run the line and tie a simple knot. Place the bottom of the broom against the bottom of the door and tighten the line. Pluck away to your heart's content. It is very effective for getting people out of the bathroom!! When I was in the USN, someone did it on a quonset hut with a piece of parachute line. It really lets one know what it is like to have someone tap on the side of a fish bowl. If there is a bedroom door nearby, you and someone else could have a musical dooret.
Ha Ha sounds like a great Gag for my younger years....but I'm a old fogie now...if I did that, it would irritate me and drive me nuts too...