Let me see your junk

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was digging around in my Uke junk box last night looking for something and wondered who else has a black hole of ukulele “stuff”. I have strings (new and used), snarks, fretboard oil, water crystals, pill boxes (for homemade humidifiers), and a bunch of maintenance things and parts that I have long lost track of.

Am I the only hoarder out there?

uke junk box.jpg

No, you're not alone. Mine has miscellaneous strings (new and used for uke and mando), some tuning pegs, glass slides, a small screwdriver, miscellaneous picks (felt, finger, etc.), and a finger nail clipper.

uke-stuff.jpg

The closest I can come - only having been doing this for seven months - is a backpack full of instruction books, song books, packages of strings, a HoneyTone amp, and a cable.

Got a basket in my coffee table. 5 microphones with cords. Music. Screwdriver. Stickers for my uke club. Most of my stuff is in my bag I keep in the car. Honeytone and cable. Kazoo and shake egg. Music and strings. Tootsie rolls.

There is a Mahalo in my junk box ;-)

I have a reusable shopping bag with: nut files, fret files, multiple grits of sand paper, fretboard oil, small clamps, a thick piece of glass for sanding on, cyano-glue, small screw drivers, a dowel for retrieving a pick up, fret level gauge, string height gauge, straight edge, metal rulers, extra nut material, extra bridge material,asstd. print outs on HHG, notes from a build class and pictures from my build class.

Only one box?! I have half a dozen stashed around the house.

I've got a big plastic box that has all my restringing and setup supplies and tools. I wouldn't call it a junk box (especially given the cost of the nut files in it and the fact that I've got about $250 worth of Fluorocarbon fishing leaders in there, too). Let's take a page from early trapper history and call it my "possibles box." :)

John

Not without dinner and a movie first.

I was digging around in my Uke junk box last night looking for something and wondered who else has a black hole of ukulele “stuff”. I have strings (new and used), snarks, fretboard oil, water crystals, pill boxes (for homemade humidifiers), and a bunch of maintenance things and parts that I have long lost track of.

Am I the only hoarder out there?

View attachment 43172
Nah, I'm a hoarder too. But it's drawers and shelves full.

Minnesotans must be pack rats, no?

Just about everything I own except for my uke and my piano is junk...

I have a old 1920s-30s Suitcase that I covered with repro travel stickers. Inside I keep my traveling kit.

There are several books therein, some Uke, some guitar and some anything. The non uke ones are folkie stuff.
Sheet music I have printed out or have been given. Multiple copies of some that I hand out.
There is a wooden tambourine.
A music stand.
Two plastic boxes-
-one with capos, tuners, playing stuff.
-one with tools- a pair of nippers, a string winder, some spare endpins, that kinda stuff. Hardware.
A metal band-aid box with guitar picks inside.
A small camera case with soft fiber and rubber picks inside.
A 3 or 4 inch cowbell.
A guitar cable, sometimes.
Sometimes, lunch.

My 'Music Satchel' has my songbook/sheets in it,
a crosshead screwdriver,nut files,a small all purpose
file,a tuning fork,old 'used' strings (but still okay in
an emergency!) A rhythm egg, a harmonica bridle,
several harmonicas,two kazoos and a pen!

Top Bottom