Shout out to HMS Store

jinsk90

Reaction score
Just came back from Oahu with the family and one of the highlights was visiting MGM and Andrew at HMS

The store is located in the North Shore which is cool if you want a different vibe from Waikiki. Great selection of Ukes but the staff is what makes this place special. Wasnt planning on buying anything but had to pickup a new uke. Even my son got his first Uke!!! He calls MGM Mr Hawaii after he set him up with the Kala. MGm also recommended Side Street restuaraunt which was the best Meal in Hawaii

Highly recommend visiting the store if you have a chance or buying from theukulelesite.com these guys can help

Attachments

• HMS.jpg
    HMS.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Mike Andrew and all the HMS staff are the hawaii's ambassadors or the ukulele here in hawaii.....they are all so nice...Happy strummings and congrats on your new ukes..

Enjoy your new ukes! They do have wonderful customer service, I agree. I bought one of my ukes from them and Mike delivered the case to me in Waikiki. I'm looking forward to visiting the store for the first time next week.

May I ask, how long did it take you to drive there from Honolulu?

Enjoy your new ukes! They do have wonderful customer service, I agree. I bought one of my ukes from them and Mike delivered the case to me in Waikiki. I'm looking forward to visiting the store for the first time next week.

Thanks! I think it took about 40-50 minutes from Honolulu. Well worth the drive and theres a pretty good shrimp truck right next to the store!

How come Mike Love never gets any props? I loved talking to him as well. He even played part of "rain song" for me.

How come Mike Love never gets any props? I loved talking to him as well. He even played part of "rain song" for me.

VIDEO OR TAB LINK!!!! Rain Song is one of my favourite songs ever!

I've never been to Hawaii but, I have bought two ukulele's from HMS. In fact, the latest one in on it's way right now and should be here is a few days. They are a great bunch of folks.:D

I think I baught about 4 Ukes from MGM over the phone before finally meeting him in person. Like Brother Stan said these guys are great ambassadors of the Ukulele and meeting them in person was a joy

yep takes about 45 mins with no traffic..if you leave at 10/10:30 you should get there by 11;00 make sure Mike(MGM) working that day...after check out Matsumoto store for Shave Ice..they can tell you where it is..

or go by Thursday at 6 PM they play music outside the store..and the shop open till 8pm..can you tell i am trying to get part time job there Lol..

Last edited:
Isn't it awesome to find a strong shop, with super people, and just have a comfortable experience with anything you buy. I have that with HMS, too. I have a Koaloha tenor with Baggs 5.0 coming sometime in the next month or so, and it'll be my fourth uke from HMS. And, I adore Haleiwa!

Wickedwahine, please get some of your awesome photos when you're in the shop.

I've never met the staff in person, but will. No doubt. I will.

Thanks for the Rain Song vid by Mr Love. It's very true to the original. Very.

Couldn't agree more. Hawaii Music Supply is the best place to by a ukulele in Hawaii and to get to meet MGM and Aaron just adds to the pleasure.

Top Bottom