mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
For me, it was this morning ....I had 15 soprano cases with ukes
in them stacked on each other and it toppled over sending my tenors and
concerts following...Now what did I do wrong:confused::(
I thought I was behaving quite nicely lately:):eek:

I had a couple of cigar box ukes I had made and hung them up on the wall. About a month later, i was sitting in the room when two loud pops simultaneously startled me. The bridges on both uke's popped off. From now on i always detune my wall hangers.

I had a couple of cigar box ukes I had made and hung them up on the wall. About a month later, i was sitting in the room when two loud pops simultaneously startled me. The bridges on both uke's popped off. From now on i always detune my wall hangers.
I had my kamaka gold label by my bed in the case and I heard a twang and couldn't figure what that was...it was quiet nite...next day I opened my case and the bridge was off...and went awe awe:(

Wow, what rotten uke luck!

I think you need a bigger place to live, I mean store your ukes... :)
I haven't had a uke tradegy, and hope I never do.. If I do my wonder woman uke will have to save me!
Glad to hear that you and your ukes are fine though...

What you did wrong, Stan, was to stack them one on top of the other.

You need to put them in groups of two, and stack the first two parallel, then rotate the second pair 90 degrees, and place on the first pair.

Pretty soon, you can play Jenga with them!

-Kurt​

In a hurry, I picked up my Flea hard case that wasn't latched and sent my uke skittering across the stone floor...yup... :uhoh: Fortunately, minimal damage. Wow, I can't believe I just confessed that!

-joe

Last edited:

You need to put them in groups of two, and stack the first two parallel, then rotate the second pair 90 degrees, and place on the first pair.

-Kurt​

Best answer. I would say using a wall corner with this method could be the best short term. But maybe someday I can come down and help you make racks so they will all be accessible. I would love to see your collection! (can't think of a better way to invite myself over, haha)

My Kanile'a did a face plant (in its case, fell over from its stand, no damage fortunately) at least 5 times one day recently. The last time I asked who was there and trying to tell me something and if so, what were they trying to tell me. It stopped after that. Hmmm

Not a uke but when I was a kid, about 13, I heard what sounded like my guitar being plucked one string at a time in the middle of the night. Scared the &*^* out of me. Turned out it was the bridge ripping the soundboard of my first guitar. Just ripped the top, big hole where the bridge was. Too bad, that guitar sounded great, relatively inexpensive, but the top was apparently too light and not braced well enough.

-Kurt​
Ha Ha If I did that, I wouldn't be able to walk in my small place...

Best answer. I would say using a wall corner with this method could be the best short term. But maybe someday I can come down and help you make racks so they will all be accessible. I would love to see your collection! (can't think of a better way to invite myself over, haha)

Aloha Bruddah Andrew,
I need definetely a bigger place, then you can build me something...but I love to keep my ukes in my cases as they don't get dusty and there is no accidents ...am I just soo wrong...LOL

Aloha Pat,
My Kanile'a did a face plant (in its case, fell over from its stand, no damage fortunately) at least 5 times one day recently. The last time I asked who was there and trying to tell me something and if so, what were they trying to tell me. It stopped after that. Hmmm

Sometimes I wonder too...strange stuff like that seems to oddly happen to me lately....now who did that?? S#$*

Not a uke but when I was a kid, about 13, I heard what sounded like my guitar being plucked one string at a time in the middle of the night. Scared the &*^* out of me. Turned out it was the bridge ripping the soundboard of my first guitar. Just ripped the top, big hole where the bridge was. Too bad, that guitar sounded great, relatively inexpensive, but the top was apparently too light and not braced well enough.

Sadly, that's probably why it sounded so good. While it lasted...

Aloha Bruddah Andrew,
I need definetely a bigger place, then you can build me something...but I love to keep my ukes in my cases as they don't get dusty and there is no accidents ...am I just soo wrong...LOL

Oh, ya! a rack for cases of course. Hope your ukes are all good, Kilin is a good repairman. You know him? Bummer when something like that happens.
A few years back at the uke festival I had a higher end Collings just fly off our table with a gust of wind. aahhhhhghhh hhhh ooooo:uhoh:

What a shocker! Stan, I guess this means you shouldn't be sleeping, just in case the cases should decide to jump.... ;)

Maybe with the number of ukes you own , some of them are feeling neglected .

You know.. There a a few UUer's in NY with plenty of storage for uke jenga.. we could take good care of you and your ukes.. he he..

Oh, ya! a rack for cases of course. Hope your ukes are all good, Kilin is a good repairman. You know him? Bummer when something like that happens.
A few years back at the uke festival I had a higher end Collings just fly off our table with a gust of wind. aahhhhhghhh hhhh ooooo:uhoh:
Aloha Andrew,
Is that Kai...your dad refferred me to him.....hmmm let me know... the guy that lives in kaneohe??

Last edited:
Top Bottom