Curly Mango Tenor Sets

tonewood

Reaction score
If any of you guys are looking for some mango I have a couple listed on Ebay presently. Going to start putting some koa and mango sets up on a semi regular basis.Last mango set I sold on Ebay sold for 99 cents. Ouch. So I have started these at $20.00. You should be able to just punch in "ukulele wood sets" and you could find them that way.If they are going to go cheap I sure hope one of you guys gets it. Thanks

Attachments

• P1010678.jpg
    P1010678.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 116
do you have a store front name we could look up?
Are you brettthefour??

Last edited:
Thats a nice regular bookmatch..they don't often work out that good:..or did you reverse the pic :D..just kidding.

Yeah Timbuck thats the beauty of a thin kerfed bandsaw blade. I use to run my boards through the table saw first and bandsaw the rest. Primarily because this koa just kills my blades. But you loose that perfect bookmatch. And yes ukuloonie I am Brettthefour on Ebay. I am the fourth Brett in my family.

I am the fourth Brett in my family.

My great-grandfather was named "Tertius" because he was the third son. True, but ultimately pointless and unrelated-to-the-discussion, fact.

And I have just remembered in the nick of time that I have this picture of him. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the renowned landscape gardener, Tertius Rumsby, head gardener at Quorndon Hall, Leicestershire.
26-04-2007 19-26-04_0006.jpg

Ok, back to bits of wood...

Hi Liam, Im an idiot when it comes to computer stuff in general. I was not able to find my listings by punching in brettthefour either. And I dont know how to post a link. But I found them through just punching in ukulele wood sets. Give that a try. And Yeah ukuloonie, my pictures are pretty marginal. When I download from my digital camera onto my iphoto they look nice and crisp. But when I upload them on Ebay they look muddy. Am I resizing the pictures to small? This whole thing is just a learning curve.

I think you would have better success using fixed price sales. A lot of people (myself included) don't want to bother with auction type sales. The bidding, rebidding, being outbid by sniping software in the last second is for the birds. Most serious sellers on ebay use fixed price sales. You know what you want for your product. Set the price, list for 30 days and be done with it. If you don't get sale in 14 days lower the price 15% if still unsold in 21 days go down another 15%. Use full size pictures, ebay can handle the files and viewers can mouse around to look at fine details.

Also.. it would be a good idea to set up better lighting for your product. I would get a couple of cheap aluminum clamp lights and a couple of #1 photo flood bulbs. set them about 4 feet from your product and at 45 degrees, one on each side (just like a copy stand) so you could remove the glare and flare in your shots. Use a tripod.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Michael those are some good ideas.

Top Bottom