Bruko Maple Thin Body Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
*SOLD...thx UU!

Hi UU,

Here's a thin body, flat back, all maple Bruko soprano up for grabs. I really wanted to try one out and glad I did. For any price, the workmanship and playability are fantastic. I thought the thin body shape was super comfy and really fun to play. It's quite loud and has a bright, old-time chimey tone...ultimately not the sound I'm looking for and probably won't get played much so I'd rather offer it up for sale.

I paid about $215 shipped from Bruko a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to get $150 shipped within the continental US. Bruko ships these with a Roktex gig bag that claims to be water-resistant! No dings, marks, etc...

IMG_3484.jpgIMG_3490.jpgIMG_3488.jpgIMG_3487.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man! I have this guy's brother (FAM).

Lovely, lovely instrument. The craftsmanship is clean (and perfect), it's light and durable, and the tone is just different enough to make it stand out in a crowd.

Good luck with the sale. I'm tempted myself to buy it myself.

Great ukulele and an even better price. I hope someone picks it up quick. I already have a flat black solid maple otherwise I'd be all over it. My next Bruko will have to be a custom. Whoever gets this won't be disappointed.

Chris and Connor...thanks for the remarks...I think it's a fun uke and love the look of the all maple body, neck and headstock. What strings did you guys settle on?

Southcoasts sounded great, but I pirated them for the Timms. The Bruko's strung with Worth BLs now.

They're probably not the best choice (I think clears would do better), but the lighter tension makes me feel more comfortable with a higher tuning. (It's tuned to Eb now.)

As an aside, I'd argue that Worths produce a particular tone, regardless of the uke. And in this case, the Worth tone matches the Bruko tone pretty well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom