Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain

OldePhart

Reaction score
I did this for the seasons challenge over in the contest forum. The theme this week is "rain."

Ignore the microphone as once again I was forced to use the audio from the in-camera microphone because the Audio Box USB interface inserted a short burst of noise right in the middle of the song. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVCoVU2zKSc&feature=youtu.be

John

Great stuff - jolly AND sad at the same time eh? Love those little single string-pluck runs too! :)

Thanks Barry - this has always been one of my favorite songs that Willie Nelson does - in fact, up until this week's challenge I always thought he wrote it - turned out he didn't. :)

Very nice, John! Smooth baritone vocals.

Nice one, John. With the green curtain behind you, you could do green screen stuff, like putting a rainy scene behind you!

Actually, that's why I hung it there (it's actually a green bed sheet). Unfortunately it's difficult to light it evenly and the video software I use (Corel VideoPro X5) doesn't handle chroma keys very nicely, IMHO - instead of an on-off mask based on the key color it treats it like an alpha channel so it's difficult to get a really good green screen (often the background shows through my body, even when I'm wearing a black shirt, for example). So, I don't always mess with the green screen anymore.

John

aaaaah John, you ol' crooner you. :) Sounded really classy mate, one of my faves of yours so far. Superb vocal.

Very well done!

John - never went back and commented on all the videos from this Season, so I didn't get a chance to tell you how fine I think this recording is..... one of my favorite tunes, hands down..... your vocals are marvelous, just a really nice performance....

I figured out this wasn't a Willie tune years ago when I heard what quickly became my favorite version - I was so surprised when I heard this one:

aaaaah John, you ol' crooner you. :) Sounded really classy mate, one of my faves of yours so far. Superb vocal.

Thanks Jon!

Very well done!

Thanks!

John - never went back and commented on all the videos from this Season, so I didn't get a chance to tell you how fine I think this recording is..... one of my favorite tunes, hands down..... your vocals are marvelous, just a really nice performance....

I figured out this wasn't a Willie tune years ago when I heard what quickly became my favorite version - I was so surprised when I heard this one:

Thanks, Bill. I didn't know Hank recorded this! That would have been a good choice for country week with the 3-point Hank bonus! :) And, he's got an extra verse in there, too.

Top Bottom