about the new Red Series strings

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
Hello guys,
I would like to precise that the new Red Series version were not done in response to a general lack of satisfaction with the first version. We received some 25 complaints over 30,000 Red sold out at today. This is better that with the wound strings.

These new red Series were introduced because a month ago I discovered a new way to do them different than the first very elastic version. So, i had not in aim to wait to introduce them in the market. I have them on my ukuleles and I am indeed so happy....
The new RS are very similar to a standard plain nylgut/ nylon string; i.e. stonger and not so elastic. they are also brighter than before and go up in tune very fast. Also the final gauge is less because I was able to made them densier than those of the first version.

The only strange thing is that when they are just installed they are not at the best. need to stretch by hands a bit and wait almost 30 minutes. However the next day they are better & better. Strange indeed....:)
Ciao
Mimmo

Hello guys,
I would like to precise that the new Red Series version were not done in response to a general lack of satisfaction with the first version. We received some 25 complaints over 30,000 Red sold out at today. This is better that with the wound strings.

These new red Series were introduced because a month ago I discovered a new way to do them different than the first very elastic version. So, i had not in aim to wait to introduce them in the market. I have them on my ukuleles and I am indeed so happy....
The new RS are very similar to a standard plain nylgut/ nylon string; i.e. stonger and not so elastic. they are also brighter than before and go up in tune very fast. Also the final gauge is less because I was able to made them densier than those of the first version.

The only strange thing is that when they are just installed they are not at the best. need to stretch by hands a bit and wait almost 30 minutes. However the next day they are better & better. Strange indeed....:)
Ciao
Mimmo

Aloha Mimmo,
I have found after stretching some strings preform much better after a rest time....sometimes a hour or two on some brands a day on others....not sure how a low G would sound with less elastic...I'm just asking because I wonder they are thinner guage and harder compound, that may seem to sound brighter. is the thinner guage to off set the harder compound to make up for resonation...I just wanted to get your thoughts on it...that's all ...I have bought many sets of your Aquila sets but never tried your Red Series as of yet....main thing for me is sound preformance and a balanced tone within the strings...

Last edited:
Top Bottom