Pickup With volume tone attached to top wood affecting acoustic tone?!?!

thtukeguy

Reaction score
From what I have read and listened to, an LR Baggs 5.0 pickup would probably be the best bet for my Ko'aloha tenor ukulele (KTM Model) but i'm wondering, does having that volume knob on the inside of the sound hole connecting to the top wood affect the projection and tone of the instrument acoustically? I imagine that it technically does, but i feel it would affect it by so little. anyone have experience with pickups of this nature affecting there tone on solid koa ukes?

Thanks!!

I have a KoAloha tenor that has a pickup with the volume knob mounted in the soundhole. Hasn't effected the sound in the least. Of course, mine is solid koa.

I'm getting exactly the setup that you describe from the good people at HMS in the next month or so. I'll clue you in when I get it.

The sound hold isn't a very active area on the top. If you're worried you can experiment before you install the pickup system. Just clip or tape something of similar size and weight to the sound hole and see if you can tell the difference.

Top Bottom