New ukulele, what's next?

savagehenry

Reaction score
I know I'm in the market for another ukulele, aren't we all. I'm thinking that my next one will be a tenor, and I eventually want another soprano. I'm not sure what I'm going to get, I just keep trying to grow my uke fund and keep my eyes open.

Are you the same way, or do you already know which ukulele will be your next?

I tend to try and limit my acquisition of ukuleles, so when I buy a new one I do it because I need it for certain types of use and I choose it very carefully to make sure it will fit as much of my needs as possible. But I've come to realise that I should leave room and keep my eye open for a "holy grail" uke in the unlikely scenario that I encounter something really special I didn't know I needed and simultaneously suddenly have a bucket load of cash popping out of nowhere hehe.

Yeah, Brian's priming himself for the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway in Tarpon Springs in early November...............:drool: MIMS, Uke Republic, Loprinzi, and who knows who else.

I look (very carefully - hee hee) for holes in my ukulele toolkit, and I had decided a while ago that my next ukulele was going to be a six-string baritone. But I hadn't planned on ordering it from Mya-Moe at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival a few weeks ago. I don't think I have any additional needs, but I might someday decide to upgrade an ukulele I already have. For example, I have a Pono six-string tenor that I like a lot, but if I find a custom luthier whose work I really like, I might decide to replace my current six-string with a six-string from that luthier.

thinking of selling my pono tenor, i just don't play it much, my kamaka concert is my 'go to' player....so if i do sell, and i save...and save...
my thoughts go towards either a mya-moe...or collings concert...any thoughts?

thinking of selling my pono tenor, i just don't play it much, my kamaka concert is my 'go to' player....so if i do sell, and i save...and save...
my thoughts go towards either a mya-moe...or collings concert...any thoughts?

Collings concerts are hard to beat, I think. I have a UC-1, and as far as ukuleles go, it's perfect. Even the case is perfect. Haha. Not only that, but they're getting harder and harder to find. They're out there, but some stores that used to have big supplies are starting to dwindle as Collings has stopped taking orders (or so I've read recently). Prior to hearing that, however, back in June of this year, at my local store West Chester Music, in PA, the owner called Collings while I was standing right there and was told new orders had an estimated delivery date of January, 2014. Something to think about for anyone who's thinking about getting one- keep your eyes open and pounce...

Collings concerts are hard to beat, I think. I have a UC-1, and as far as ukuleles go, it's perfect. Even the case is perfect. Haha. Not only that, but they're getting harder and harder to find. They're out there, but some stores that used to have big supplies are starting to dwindle as Collings has stopped taking orders (or so I've read recently). Prior to hearing that, however, back in June of this year, at my local store West Chester Music, in PA, the owner called Collings while I was standing right there and was told new orders had an estimated delivery date of January, 2014. Something to think about for anyone who's thinking about getting one- keep your eyes open and pounce...

If someone is looking McCabes guitar shop in Santa Monica has some. Just went there last weekend.

I am finishing up details with Rick Turner on a custom Compass Rose. It's the tone I was looking for.

Maple Leaf music in Brattleboro, VT has a lovely UCK2 in stock that I've played. It's beautiful.

Doug

Before I buy another uke, I'm considering what will I do with it? Lo G tuning? I'm crazy about the one I have, and don't need another, but man it gets tempting don't it?

My next uke will be a pineapple, as will the one after that and the one after that.

I have a dream for my next uke - it's silly, but I can't get it out of my head. My ultimate goal is to perform (I already sing - I just need to get the uke up to a reasonable level and then I'm good to go). And I mean perform locally at the village open stage and farmer's market - I won't be quitting my day job any time soon. Well a few weeks ago I had an idea for a CD cover. So, now apparently I'm going to put out a CD at some point (*squeeeeee!*). Ahem, anyways, I thought the uke in the idea was a Mainland classic cutaway, but I'm starting to realize that the tenor just isn't a good size for me. So, now I need to find a gorgeous and amazing concert cutaway. With really obvious purfling. Probably mahogany or something else with red tones. Dare to dream.

Otherwise, I mostly just go for what I need. My fav so far is my Eleuke Peanut - not because it sounds amazing (it's okay) but because I can bring it and play it anywhere - it's great for squeaking in a few minutes of practice here and there :)

Absolutely know the one that would be my *perfect* ukelele.
A Preferable Blue Pond Myrtle Baritone (i have a tenor already) and if no one is willing to part
with theirs (as there is no more blue pond wood available) then another type of Mya Moe Myrtle Wood Baritone.
The more i play the more the Myrtle wood is singing to me. Have adopted two Mya Moes so far and have room
for one more. So if anyone reads this and is looking for a forever home for a baritone let me know. Thanks.

Top Bottom