Happy New Uke Day! The Kiwaya KTS-4 has finally arrived!

we tigers

Reaction score
after a wait of two whole months (!) my Kiwaya KTS-4 has finally arrived. What an incredible beautiful and beautifully made instrument it is.
Time for some pics:
2A6D3B71-0856-4E5D-8F7E-273C7D979C25-4630-0000040472024EE4.jpg

my Ohana SK-38A has a companion. Meet The Sopranos:
89764C4A-791D-41A9-96A3-176903D0C92C-4630-000004049E5ADACD.jpg

Congrats on the new Kiwaya...I did try one last month..it was nice they have them in concert now too I think...Happy strummings..
Takumi USA is the company now called...

I have a KTS-4 and it is a GREAT ukulele. I didnt like the sound of mine at first ,changed the strings and now I love it. I tried Southcoast strings first and they sounded great but I've changed to Martin m600 stings and I think I like them more. One thing I did was put a small bead on the A sting to keep it from popping out. When I was looking for this uke there was one on Ebay with a damaged string slot in the bridge on the A string. Around the same time I read a tip on this site about the bead on the A string. All my ukes have a bead on the A string now. The KTS-4 is a beautiful uke, sounds great . It is like having a brand new vintage Martin .

I already changed the strings to Worth Clear. Immense improvement! I really wonder how good this is going to get once it'll open up. Usually I'm a bit disappointed with a new uke and grow to like it more and more as the sound improves while opening up. This Kiwaya is already pretty darn good; awesomeness awaits!

Congratulations on your new addition. Many happy strumming sessions to you

Congrats! It's pretty. I hope you enjoy it for a long time!

There's just something about a solid mahogany soprano. On my wish list. Congratulations!
-joe

Top Bottom