real bad luck

kaizersoza

Reaction score
after our band practice last monday some thieving b*****d broke into our van and stole all of the bands ukuleles, we play mainly for charity and the community and now they have rendered us out of business, I know this is a longshot but if anyone sees them online on sites like e bay I would love the heads up please guys,

ukes.jpg

We were once at a kid's festival and thieves stole all our tools and the materials, paints and glues, etc, we had brought to set up puppet making workshops. It was heartbreaking, I felt physically ill. We never got it back, but the festival organisers gave us some money to go buy replacements and we still managed to fulfil our commitment to the festival. :eek:

Could you maybe organise a whip round. Maybe even here... Contributions via paypal, perhaps?

It would have been worth them doing it to catch them doing it. Have you filed a police report? Does your car insurance cover stolen items? The forum rules prevent me voicing what I feel about these scumbags. :(

Absolutely sickening. I don't understand people.

thanx for the replies guys, a police report has been filed, it wasn't my van, it was one of the band member's van we use to get our equipment from gig to gig, so don't know what his insurance situation is tbh, i was just hoping someone may spot them online up for sale in the next few weeks, thanx for the offer of a whip round, but we'll get by some shape or form some of us has got other ukes we can lend out

Have you thought of contacting the local newspapers in the area they were stolen letting them now what happened they might run a story?

Check the pawn shops, give them pics of the ukes. I think most pawn shops will report stolen items to the cops.

What he said. Man that is an awful feeling. Hope you get them back.

That is horrible
that being said, How many ukes are needed as a minimum to perform?
When is your next performance?

Do you have the serial numbers written down somewhere? Not trying to be a downer, but I only see factory made ukes, and since they all look alike you will have a tough time convincing authorities they belong to you (if you can even find them) without a serial number or identifiable marking.

The newspaper idea is a good one.

Off the back of this I've just spent an hour photographing ukes and guitars of monetary and sentimental value and recorded all the serial numbers, along with all mics and gear in my home studio.

Sorry for the theft. People really are inexplicable sometimes. In addition to pawn shops, check your local craigslist listings, eBay, and other places where people generally list things for sale online. I've heard stories about cops catching thieves after people reported seeing their own stolen property (in San Francisco, it's often bicycles and personal electronics) on sites like that.

There is no worse feeling than having something stolen. Have had a guitar stolen before
and never quite got over it for many many years. Am hoping that you are fortunate enough
to be able to recover them.

Off the back of this I've just spent an hour photographing ukes and guitars of monetary and sentimental value and recorded all the serial numbers, along with all mics and gear in my home studio.

This is a very wise move. I did the same awhile back because a bunch of gear was getting lifted from gigs. Someone managed to steal an entire trailer full of stuff. The band played their gig, then checked into a hotel for the night. When the woke up, someone had hooked up to their touring trailer and took off.

It's a crazy world we live in these days.

really sorry to hear of this Rich and I hope they catch the buggahs

GPS tracking devices are getting smaller and less expensive. If I had a super-dooper instrument that traveled a lot, I'd consider putting one in my case.

There is something called the snag chip...it's a lot like the grain of rice size chip you can put into your dog or cat etc....but it does require a scan wand like the vets and animal services use...not sure how many pawn shops have them...

Check Craigslist

We've had a number of thefts in our area, and quite a few have been solved by cops and victims setting up stings with the thief stupid enough to list the goods on Craigs. Most thieves are not members of Mensa.

Top Bottom