Anybody notice this site running slowly and getting a fix it now from Norton

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have that circle spinning and had a pop up from norton saying fix it
and to run power eraser...it seems to be only UU is running slowly
two days I had to run power eraser....and on the bottom right when
I am here I get a pop up saying my computer is running slowly. Just to let you guys and gals know...

No problems here . Everything seems to be normal.

I called Norton support and they took over my computer and said it is coming from UU....because all other links are working fine..be careful...bye
I tried it on IE, Mozzila and same thing on my pc then went to my apple laptop and the same thing.....shoots

Last edited:
The site is working fine, but there are some spam threads that I can't report because somehow the spammer is posting empty threads. Isn't that not even possible usually? Maybe they found an exploit? Anyway, teabag2 has posted a bunch of spam threads and if there's an exploit being used, maybe Norton is seeing that? Not a huge fan of Norton but maybe that's it.

Update: Spam threads are gone, but there's not any way something could be attacking your account specifically. It sounds like Norton just being Norton to me.

Last edited:
I noticed the problem after I opened either a thread or attachment in the marketplace.
it seems to be attacking my account...what should I do open a new account?
usually on the main page of the forums it is okay, but when I open the sub page like uke talk or respond
to a thread it slows down my computer..anybody have any ideas how to deal with this?

I'm not sure how they have developed in the last year, but if you would have asked that question about 5 or 6 years ago I would have answered: get rid of Norton. They were a major resource hog back then, there were and are plenty other alternatives or Norton, even free ones.
Security programs do slow computers down, and they do even more if they think there's something wrong with a webpage, scanning and comparing files to their database.
The best I can say at this point to help you out is to get in touch with the staff of UU, and let them contact Norton. They'll both benefit from the result of that contact, whether the site is infected or not. In the first case UU can get their site cleaned, and in the second case Norton can adjust their warnings to prevent false alerts in the future.

My ageing peice of crap computer almost always runs slow....even with Roadrunner. Registry "slightly" damaged. I need a new one, but I just spent my computer money on that Kanilea concert in the Marketplace.

I'm not sure how they have developed in the last year, but if you would have asked that question about 5 or 6 years ago I would have answered: get rid of Norton. They were a major resource hog back then, there were and are plenty other alternatives or Norton, even free ones.
Security programs do slow computers down, and they do even more if they think there's something wrong with a webpage, scanning and comparing files to their database.
The best I can say at this point to help you out is to get in touch with the staff of UU, and let them contact Norton. They'll both benefit from the result of that contact, whether the site is infected or not. In the first case UU can get their site cleaned, and in the second case Norton can adjust their warnings to prevent false alerts in the future.

Agree. When I set up pc computers for a medical department i was running we used lots of freeware. Adware,spybot,etc. i was not a Norton fan. No problems here on my iPad,macbook,etc. A few weeks ago they were having server issues which were very obvious, but everything has been running great for a while now. Maybe try the Leo Laporte chat room. They may be able to help. Best of luck it makes less sense it is effecting macs and pcs. It would be nice to reopen your account here with your same handle name and see if that resolves it. Maybe MMstan without the gap as a new handle and see if that fixes it. Might check your Internet clock speed at your house and make sure it isn't your Internet provider.

I am on my apple laptop now with no norton or anything and still the problem exist...I tried logging out
and it still is happening so it is not my account...when I backspace it does not search and goes directly.
got any ideas ..thank you

I am on my apple laptop now with no norton or anything and still the problem exist...I tried logging out
and it still is happening so it is not my account...when I backspace it does not search and goes directly.

... make sure it isn't your Internet provider.

What he said.

edit: good thing it's happening without Norton, it means they were talking brown stuff in their reply.

My ageing peice of crap computer almost always runs slow....even with Roadrunner. Registry "slightly" damaged. I need a new one, but I just spent my computer money on that Kanilea concert in the Marketplace.
Use a registry cleaner or reinstall your computer if you have the installation disk. Save what you need first, but a reinstall will be like having a new computer compared to what you have now. Do you run disk defragment it helps.

thank you..will call them my lwireless Laptop shows a strong signal most of the times...funny I am on the phone
and on hold..they say they have a high call volume but initially the automated response said there are
no outages in my area..

This is beyond me if you did a speed test and it's not a router/wifi issue. If it is only happening on ukulele underground and not other sites. Like I said if that is the case Leo Laporte has a chat room with guys that live and breath this stuff.

thank you..will call them my lwireless Laptop shows a strong signal most of the times...funny I am on the phone
and on hold..they say they have a high call volume but initially the automated response said there are
no outages in my area..

Haha good. That clock speed makes the most sense especially with it being a Mac and PC issue and you tried here logged out of account.

Aloha Gang a few minuetes ago before calling my internet provider, my home page started taking long to open up too....so I called them, and they refreshed my signal and
Yeah everything it back to speed....woo hoo yippee thank you everyone...I appriciate it very much.....yes yes Thank you to all:):smileybounce:

Last edited:
Aloha Gang a few minuetes ago before calling my internet provider, my home page was taking long to open up too....so I called them, and they refreshed my signal and
Yeah everything it back to speed....woo hoo yippee thank you everyone...I appriciate it very much.....yes yes Thank you to all:):smileybounce:

Great! I love happy endings!

Top Bottom