PDA

View Full Version : Oh My! Koaloha new prices effective immediately.....here they are

MGM
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
If you havent gotten a koaloha now is the time while most have older stock at old prices....effective immediately from Koaloha I was handed the new pricing 2012 sept....we still have old stock if you call a uke built 2 weeks ago old...lol...Heres the damage

ksn-00 noah 850.00
ksm-00 soprano 796.00
ksm-01 pine sop 796.00
ksm-02 concert soprano 870.00
ksm-03 concert pine sop 870.00
ksm-10 pikake sop 710.00
ksm-t2 tenor/sop 1000.00

kcm-00 concert 990.00
kcm-02 tenor/concert 1080.00
kcm-10 concert pikake 940.00

ktm-00 tenor 1150.00
ktm-s00 tenor slimline w 5.0 1350.00
ktm-06 tenor 6 1260.00
ktm-d-vi 1260.00

kpsm-03 pineapple sunday 1600.00
kcs-07 concert septre 1,150.00
kts-07 tenor sceptre 1,400.00

KOALANA (limited supply)
ksa-oo soprano 330.00
kca-00 370.00

get them soon or pay more $$$$

Ronnie Aloha
09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Ouch! Demand and supply, demand and supply...

KentSantaBarbara
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
And so it goes. Mahalo to you Mike for keeping us informed

NatalieS
09-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow! Probably a dumb question, MGM, but are koa costs increasing or do they stay pretty constant?

OldePhart
09-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Holy carpal tunnel - at this rate I may be able to sell my ksm-02 and retire in a few years... :)

Guess they gotta do what they gotta do...or what the market will bare.

I was just reading an article today that claims the median income for US families has declined 8.2 percent over the last 3-1/2 years...while prices have been moving the other direction, unfortunately.

Lalz
09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Ouch! That's some substantial increase in price. The concert pikake just went up 200 dollars from 740 to 940. That's up 27%!
I've always fancied getting one of these one day... Not that they weren't already before, but now they're really defo out of my reach :iwant:

mm stan
09-26-2012, 01:35 PM
If you havent gotten a koaloha now is the time while most have older stock at old prices....effective immediately from Koaloha I was handed the new pricing 2012 sept....we still have old stock if you call a uke built 2 weeks ago old...lol...Heres the damage

ksn-00 noah 850.00
ksm-00 soprano 796.00
ksm-01 pine sop 796.00
ksm-02 concert soprano 870.00
ksm-03 concert pine sop 870.00
ksm-10 pikake sop 710.00
ksm-t2 tenor/sop 1000.00

kcm-00 concert 990.00
kcm-02 tenor/concert 1080.00
kcm-10 concert pikake 940.00

ktm-00 tenor 1150.00
ktm-s00 tenor slimline w 5.0 1350.00
ktm-06 tenor 6 1260.00
ktm-d-vi 1260.00

kpsm-03 pineapple sunday 1600.00
kcs-07 concert septre 1,150.00
kts-07 tenor sceptre 1,400.00

KOALANA (limited supply)
ksa-oo soprano 330.00
kca-00 370.00

get them soon or pay more $$$$

that means also my Koaloha's went up in value too...woo hoo just lookin' at the positive....buy now..

PedalFreak
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
that means also my Koaloha's went up in value too...woo hoo just lookin' at the positive....buy now..

That's what I thought :) Glad I just got my Tenor KoAloha from MGM. Loving it! Taught my uke class with it tonight :D

Also, when you look at the prices, they aren't bad, they're in line with the ukulele market. Kamaka Tenor is $1245, Koaloha tenor is $1150. Still a good price :)

Dan Uke
09-26-2012, 02:41 PM
It's also because their customer service is soo GOOD!!!

chrimess
09-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow- all this street prices or RSP?

MisterRios
09-26-2012, 11:51 PM
I just fell off my chair! Holy cow. Time to start saving even more Euros!

Hippie Dribble
09-27-2012, 12:30 AM
now there's some MASSIVE price increases...

webby
09-27-2012, 12:33 AM
wow, when 80% of the world is starving, i dont know whether to laugh or cry

The Big Kahuna
09-27-2012, 01:09 AM
When I worked at Carlsboro Sound Centres 30 years ago, markup on new instruments was 55%, second hand was 33% (both plus tax)

Wonder what profit margins are now ?

Doc_J
09-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Oddly the KoAloha website still has the old MSRPs of Sopranos as $550, Concerts as $780, and Tenors as $1000.

http://www.koaloha.com/products/tenor/tenor-ukulele/

dkcrown
09-27-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm glad that I have my KoAlohas already. This should help the second hand market for KoAlohas. I am sure that the increases are warranted. Businesses are facing cost increases in everything from raw materials to fuel costs. And those increases inevitably get passed on to the consumer.

But Ronnie is correct. Supply and demand. Ukuleles are discretionary items. They aren't as essential as buying food for the dinner table. Ultimately the buying public will decide if a new KoAloha ukulele is worth the additional cost.

Tigeralum2001
09-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Oddly the KoAloha website still has the old MSRPs of Sopranos as $550, Concerts as $780, and Tenors as $1000.

http://www.koaloha.com/products/tenor/tenor-ukulele/
KoAloha has not maintained their website in over a year... maybe 2.

soupking
09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
I couldn't care less if their website is updated or not. Let's give them a pass; they're busy making ukes. You can't put a price on their warranty. I have four KoAlohas and all of 'em are worth every penny, even at the new prices. If it's tone you're after, and you can only have one uke, go for a KoAloha. Just trust me.

hawaii 50
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I couldn't care less if their website is updated or not. Let's give them a pass; they're busy making ukes. You can't put a price on their warranty. I have four KoAlohas and all of 'em are worth every penny, even at the new prices. If it's tone you're after, and you can only have one uke, go for a KoAloha. Just trust me.

you got to have the correct price on their own website...

soupking
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM
you got to have the correct price on their own website...

Maybe you do. I'm cool. It's not like its hard to figure out. Check a couple retailers' prices and go from there. Don't buy one if you don't like it. It's not like they sell at MSRP anyway, so what's the difference?

hawaii 50
09-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe you do. I'm cool. It's not like its hard to figure out. Check a couple retailers' prices and go from there. Don't buy one if you don't like it. It's not like they sell at MSRP anyway, so what's the difference?

i must be confused but if you run a business dont you have to give out correct info on your own website? i have not checked but do the other K companies have the wrong prices on their ukes on their websites..>>I think they are busy building ukes also..

i could care less..just responding to your post..

coolkayaker1
09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Call me old skool, but I'd like proper MSRPs on the company website.

soupking
09-27-2012, 03:23 PM
i must be confused but if you run a business dont you have to give out correct info on your own website? i have not checked but do the other K companies have the wrong prices on their ukes on their websites..>>I think they are busy building ukes also..

i could care less..just responding to your post..

It's all good, but I stand by my statement, which is what's listed on their website isn't important to me. I support the products that they make and the way they go about it. They're a top notch company. Oh well, they're not the most tech-savey company on the interwebs. So what?

hawaii 50
09-27-2012, 03:27 PM
It's all good, but I stand by my statement, which is what's listed on their website isn't important to me. I support the products that they make and the way they go about. They're a top notch company. Oh well, they're not the most tech-savey company on the interwebs. So what?

ok not trying to make trouble,,i notice you are a Compass Rose fan i just picked mine up from Rick Turner on tuesday..so we got to be on the same page..i also have a Koaloha super concert.. just saying what i said..
also friends with Gyosh on this site..

soupking
09-27-2012, 03:30 PM
ok not trying to make trouble,,i notice you are a Compass Rose fan i just picked mine up from Rick Turner on tuesday..so we got to be on the same page..i also have a Koaloha super concert.. just saying what i said..
also friends with Gyosh on this site..

Haha. Compass Roses are in a class of their own, too, as well as Maui Musics. I'm holding out for a Maui six string and super concert, and I absolutely need a Compass glossed out custom. They're down the line. Play the CR in good health!

hawaii 50
09-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Haha. Compass Roses are in a class of their own, too, as well as Maui Musics. I'm holding out for a Maui six string and super concert, and I absolutely need a Compass glossed out custom. They're down the line. Play the CR in good health!

hey brah i got a Maui Music tenor also Lol old one 1998.. you know that Peter on the site once and awhile?

soupking
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
hey brah i got a Maui Music tenor also Lol old one 1998.. you know that Peter on the site once and awhile?

Wish he would chime in more often, as Mr. Turner does. Got one CR and two Mauis. Love 'em all.

Steedy
09-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't care, I still want a KoAloha Pineapple. Will just have to save a little longer...

PedalFreak
09-28-2012, 04:43 AM
When I worked at Carlsboro Sound Centres 30 years ago, markup on new instruments was 55%, second hand was 33% (both plus tax)

Wonder what profit margins are now ?

No where near that haha :D I'd be making a lot more money that way. Taylor guitars, IF we sell them at MAP price (Street Price) we make 27%. Average these days, with so many stores, and everyone trying to stay in business (My shop is 85-90% guitars), I'd say average margin on a guitar is 20%. Goes back to doing what you love, anyone selling instruments for a living isn't living large :) Any of the other stores can verify that, we do it because we love it :)

I've talked to all the major ukulele builders about becoming a dealer, and there's not a huge markup on them, not 55%. If I remember right Kamaka was about 25%, give or take. So REALLY appreciate all the shops that go the extra mile for there customers, all the shops that give free setups before shipping you an instrument, or give free stuff away also. Those things all go into that margin. So a 25% profit after giving a few things away and doing a setup may go down as low as 18% sometimes, if not a little lower. Thats why it frustrates me so much to see people complain about pricing. The standard price shops ask for instruments are very fair prices, when you see what they are making and putting into it.

Lalz
09-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Thats why it frustrates me so much to see people complain about pricing. The standard price shops ask for instruments are very fair prices, when you see what they are making and putting into it.

I don't think any of us complaining about a 27% increase in price are blaming the shops. Especially not places like HMS that are doing excellent work on the ukes and already sell them at a lower price than the recommended one. It's just that... it IS indeed a very steep increase in price. Things usually don't have that kind of price jump overnight, so it's just a bit surprising/frustrating. I'm sure the makers must have good reasons for doing this, but it doesn't make one's realisation of never being to afford a KoAloha ever any less heartbreaking. I had been toying with the idea of getting one and been thinking about how I could save money to be just about able to buy one, but now I just don't think I'd be able to survive long enough on instant noodles and switched-off heating to save that kind of money ;)

The Big Kahuna
09-28-2012, 06:33 AM
The simplest way to tell if Uke prices are fair or not, is to visit the factories and take a look at what's parked in the Director/CEO/Owners parking spaces.

If it's a Ferrari, they're charging too much.
If it's a Hyundai, pay what they're asking, they need your money.

The Big Kahuna
09-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Andrew Kitakis has more cars than Jay Leno, allegedly.

PedalFreak
09-28-2012, 07:01 AM
I don't think any of us complaining about a 27% increase in price are blaming the shops. Especially not places like HMS that are doing excellent work on the ukes and already sell them at a lower price than the recommended one. It's just that... it IS indeed a very steep increase in price. Things usually don't have that kind of price jump overnight, so it's just a bit surprising/frustrating. I'm sure the makers must have good reasons for doing this, but it doesn't make one's realisation of never being to afford a KoAloha ever any less heartbreaking. I had been toying with the idea of getting one and been thinking about how I could save money to be just about able to buy one, but now I just don't think I'd be able to survive long enough on instant noodles and switched-off heating to save that kind of money ;)

I'm sorry. I was speaking in general, not focusing my frustrations to those at the UU :)

I personally don't feel it was that bad of an increase, it did jump up all at one time, but they are still very well priced :)

I'm a Gibson Guitar dealer, and there prices go up yearly, sometimes twice a year.

The Big Kahuna
09-28-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm a Gibson Guitar dealer

Just looked at your facebook page. I want to visit your store and lick the Les Paul Gold Tops & that white Explorer.

MGM
09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Andrew Kitakis has more cars than Jay Leno, allegedly.

Andrew drives a dented beat up company minivan and I drive a 12 year old dented Camry Need I say more. My other vehicle has two legs

hawaii 50
09-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Andrew drives a dented beat up company minivan and I drive a 12 year old dented Camry Need I say more. My other vehicle has two legs

I can atest to that i saw both their vehicles while i was there visiting!

Lalz
09-28-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry. I was speaking in general, not focusing my frustrations to those at the UU :)

No worries :)

PedalFreak
09-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Just looked at your facebook page. I want to visit your store and lick the Les Paul Gold Tops & that white Explorer.

Sold out of White Explorers, but just got some really cool Gold Tops in :)

strumsilly
09-28-2012, 08:50 AM
glad I already got me a pikake concert, and sorry I sold my crown bridge tenor. imo they make some of the best "factory" ukes, but as the saying goes opinions are like a......... and to really put my foot in my mouth, if the gang of 12 [ the criminal reserve] and their bankster and pol cronies don't put the brakes ye old presses, then we ain't seen nothing yet. sorry for the digression, this is supposed to be about uke price increases, so it does somewhat apply.

Ukeval
09-28-2012, 09:06 AM
That's a good news, you can buy a custom now for the price...
I already sold my long neck soprano KSM 02 .
If prices goes wrong, sales goes wrong.