shipping cost

1300cc

Reaction score
i enquired about shipping cost to australia and i was qouted $130 excl insurance by elderly.com. the last time i ordered from theukulelesite.com, they charge me only $75 and i got the uke in 6 business day......if only they sell martin c1k ill order from them

i enquired about shipping cost to australia and i was qouted $130 excl insurance by elderly.com. the last time i ordered from theukulelesite.com, they charge me only $75 and i got the uke in 6 business day......if only they sell martin c1k ill order from them

If you don't like it, don't buy it!! With that being said, Hawaii is closer to Aus than Michigan. It is tough when you buy internationally as it's dictated by the seller. I once bought an uke from Toronoto and it cost me $175 as it was delivered 2 days-air. I wanted to ship ground but the luthier didn't want to take any risk. He misquoted me for a much lower price but I paid the full price because he was a very honorable person and being a luthier is not an easy job.

Good luck and I hope you can find a cheaper solution.

Check with HMS re: the Martin C1K, maybe they can get one

when you live in Australia that's just how it is. you gotta pay what the seller asks or you can't do it, it's simple as that. Hope you can find a cheaper deal. I've bought from elderly several times...shipping takes less than a week but you pay for it. All shops have a different price. Shop around for your best deal...but sometimes you just gotta wear it...living in paradise comes at a cost sometimes...he he

I just shipped two, individual well-packed ukuleles and cases from Illinois to California and Washington state by USPS Priority mail (not express mail) with insurance for $1k, and they cost me $80 and $75 to ship. And that's only 1800 miles, all in the USA.

Last edited:
I've had 4 ukes shipped to me in WA from the US over the last couple of years. Two were baritones. None have cost over $80.

I would politely ask the kind folk at Elderly if they would consider using a different freight company (ie. USPS). It's worth a try. Depends on how badly they want a sale!

I've had 4 ukes shipped to me in WA from the US over the last couple of years. Two were baritones. None have cost over $80.

I would politely ask the kind folk at Elderly if they would consider using a different freight company (ie. USPS). It's worth a try. Depends on how badly they want a sale!

done that mate...na, they won't do it. Yep, same here...costs me usually between 60-80 dollars...on several occasions I've had to pay more as the shops insisted on a particular service which shipped quite a bit quicker, but (with insurance too) cost substantially more...ie - well over 100 dollars. Elderly is one such shop that has their way of doing international orders and a basic cost of at least 120 bucks is standard fare.

done that mate...na, they won't do it. Yep, same here...costs me usually between 60-80 dollars...on several occasions I've had to pay more as the shops insisted on a particular service which shipped quite a bit quicker, but (with insurance too) cost substantially more...ie - well over 100 dollars. Elderly is one such shop that has their way of doing international orders and a basic cost of at least 120 bucks is standard fare.

Bummer. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay to live in far-flung places such as my humble hometown of Freo, (or indeed, anywhere in Australia for that matter.) Can't have your cake and eat it! I must say John, every time I see your location listed as "Somewhere-in-the-Tasmanian-bush" I get a little pang of jealousy. I've seen your video bro, you got a little patch of paradise there!

Top Bottom