33rd Season of the Ukulele

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

Reaction score
Here are links to the CONTEST ENTRIES PLAYLIST and the BONUS TRACKS PLAYLIST.

HOW TO VOTE:
  1. Watch your fellow Seasonistas' videos on the contest playlist.
  2. Make a list of every Seasonista you would approve of winning a prize this week. Your list can be as short or as long as you like. You may use UU usernames or youtube usernames, whichever is convenient.
  3. Send me your list in a UU private message before 11:59 pm (Hawaii time) Sunday, October 14.
  4. Once I've received your list, you're eligible to win.

YOU'RE UP...

If you want to sing a song with thousands of other people here in the States, there's only one place to go---a baseball game. With major league baseball's regular season ending this week and the play-offs beginning, it's the perfect time for us to enjoy that classic melody of the diamond, "Take Me Out To The Ball Game". For all of us to enjoy it, that is. Your challenge this Season is to perform "Take Me Out To The Ball Game".

RULES

1. Make a video of you, your ukulele, and anyone who'd like to join you on any instrument performing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" and post it to this thread. Your video must
  • feature you and your uke front and center,
  • contain a mention of the "33rd Season of the Ukulele",
  • be a single take (not necessarily your first take, but no editing or multi-tracking), and
  • be submitted before the deadline, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii time Sunday October 7th.

2. To be eligible to win, you must participate in the election of the winners.
(Yep, I'm trying to get all the U.S. Seasonistas into the voting habit before this fall's election.)

PRIZES

• a black and white plastic ukulele (I'll try to post a demo before winners choose prizes)
  • Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Gems (a terrific collection of classic songs, all with great uke arrangements)
  • a pack of Ko'olau ukulele strings (so nice)

BONUS TRACKS

I encourage you to submit as many sports-related bonus tracks as you'd like. Songs about sports, songs with sports metaphors, songs sung at sporting events, jock jams, etc. will all work. As long as it's clear to your fellow Seasonistas that your bonus track has something to do with sports, it's welcome.

ELECTING WINNERS

You'll be electing this week's winners next week by sending me a private message with your list of every participant you would approve of winning. Yep, you can vote for everyone whose performance(s) and/or personality you deem worthy of a prize this week. Remember, if you don't vote, you can't win. Voting begins with the deadline for entries, and ends one week later.

The person with the most votes gets her or his choice of the prizes, the person with the second most votes gets second choice. Third place gets the remaining prize. (Any ties will be broken by pulling names out of a baseball cap.)

THOUGHTS & RESOURCES

There are many versions of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" online. Look around and find one that works for you. (This is a great song to transpose to a key that works for your voice. If you need help transposing, let me know.)
You can download a PDF of the original sheet music (hurray, public domain!) from the Lester S. Levy Collection of Sheet Music (a terrific resource) via this link.

Last edited:
Ouch, and I'll be in Mexico on business...

Hint????

I heard Good Time on the way home from work and the first thought was RALF!!!

I love listening to the radio these days and remembering the seasonista who performed the song! It's sad to admit but I started listening to pop songs again instead of sports radio!! LOL

i wish i had been involved earlier, i have had things going on and fell out of the loop a bit, looking forward to the 33

Really hoping I can get my act together for this one

I woke up at dawn this morning having had a dream in which the theme for week 33 was revealed to me!

If the theme is Freedom Rock, I am a psychic visionary, and I'll be doing "Keep on Rocking in the Free World".

ralf! how's things in the north by northwest land? hope all is swell with you and yours...oh, by the way...
theme!!?? chompin' at the bit..as is said here in the south! ha! cheers brother!

I love this week. I LOVE THIS WEEK.

...wonder if I can be heard over the cars on the street to film near the ballpark..

Top Bottom