Does the change in the seasons change what you play?

The Boston Red Sox play "Sweet Caroline" in the middle of the 8th inning of all home games. I imagine that by the end of the season, most Bostonians are sick of that song. Probably the most obvious thing for me personally is the increase in holiday music as winter approaches. I belong to an ukulele group that is looking for places to carol this December, so I imagine we'll be ramping up the holiday music when we meet to play for the next few months. Otherwise, I probably just play fewer Beach Boys songs..

Yes, over at the contests section, the seasons change over every week and with it whatever we play.

The Boston Red Sox play "Sweet Caroline" in the middle of the 8th inning of all home games. I imagine that by the end of the season, most Bostonians are sick of that song. Probably the most obvious thing for me personally is the increase in holiday music as winter approaches.
Did you know Penn State has banned that song at football games in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky scandal because of the lyrics "touching me, touching you"? :eek:

And, yeah, I'll be breaking out the red folder soon. I put my sheets into folders and the red one is Christmas music. :)

Itsme you are so organized to have colored folders for your music. I should try that. I am forever trying to organize all my music. And yes Mike I do play somewhat different songs depending on the season. I have my favorite go to for year round playing and songs I am learning but I also have specific songs for the change of season.

Itsme you are so organized to have colored folders for your music. I should try that. I am forever trying to organize all my music.
The colors are just so I can tell them apart. ;)

Back in the day I bought a ton of CG books (they fill two filing cabinets). It's awkward dealing with a stack of bulky books that don't always want to lay flat on my music stand. So if there was a piece I wanted to work on, I'd just photocopy it. The company I worked for was getting rid of all these nice two-pocket presentation folders with an old logo, so I rescued a stack. I would write on the folder what they were... warmups, workouts, working on, performance level, stuff I'd like to try, stuff I've put aside for the time being, etc. Then I could organize them however I wanted, change the order, move pieces to a different folder. Plus, I could mark them up all I wanted while my originals were safely filed away.

Most of my uke stuff has been printed out from PDFs. The few uke books I have are mostly pretty slim and not a problem on my stand. In my music corner are two folding knitting stands, one for uke and one for guitar.

Guess I'm kinda anal about some things... my spice rack is alphabetized. :p

I have a couple of original songs that are about summer or autumn, so I tend to play them more in that season. That's about it.

Aloha Mike,
Actually no Mike but my taste for songs do...from current to new old finds....depends what hits my fancy...hee hee we all have Favorites...and new favorites

Top Bottom