PDA

View Full Version : Mya-Moe Baritone Classic... my GOOF! is your opportunity

bariukish
09-27-2012, 08:03 AM
After 6 mos wait I receive my custom MM in mid-August.After playing it for several weeks and having fretting issues, I realized that fretboard width at the nut is smaller than my old uke. I GOOFED! I didn't take into consideration that my big sausage fingers need the available wider nut/ neck width option. This is MM # 783. Go to their website and enter this number in the uke tracker and see complete specs, photos, and a video demo by Aaron Keim. The Pau Ferro (Bolivian rosewood) and Port Orford cedar (actually cypress) combination makes for a very bright tone with sustain that goes on forever. This is a popular choice of several top custom guitar makers. This wood combo is the only one that MM has ever made. It would be nearly impossible to find a similar grain pattern today, making this truly a one of a kind instrument. It's virtually new and, of course, comes with a MM hard case Current wait time for a new uke from MM is 7 months. My big mistake is your opportunity. Price is $1500 and includes shipping to CONUS. 4345943460[
ATTACH=CONFIG]43461[/ATTACH]43462

Farmer Rob
09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Ive collected instruments and refurbed wood furniture for years- that Uke is stunning my friend...
(apogies for the thread hijack)

Freeda
09-27-2012, 09:07 AM
The back on that thing is just gorgeous!

tattwo
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
What is the width at the nut?

bariukish
09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
The width is 1 3/8" which is standard for MM. The complete specs for all their models is on their website.
What is the width at the nut?

OldePhart
09-27-2012, 10:01 AM
If only somebody would make that kind of "goof" with a MM concert resonator... Good luck with the sale, I don't think you'll have much trouble moving it.

patico
09-27-2012, 10:03 AM
wow !!! awesome woods
the back looks as 2 big M's like Mya Moe !!!!!!!!!

chrimess
09-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Unreal-more like Michael Phelp's or Ryan Lochte's.
The back on that thing is just gorgeous!

ukulele64
09-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Wow! Beautiful instrument. Not in the cards for me right now, I can see a very happy new owner sometime soon.

Lori
09-29-2012, 10:25 AM
That is one beautiful bari. I would love to hear it. Any chance of a sound sample?

–Lori

oops, I see there is a sound sample.

NewKid
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
If you really want to keep it, why don't you just ask Gordon to put a wider neck on it? Mya-Moe is all about customer satisfaction. If you just don't like it that's okay too. Good luck.

bariukish
09-30-2012, 06:19 AM
If you really want to keep it, why don't you just ask Gordon to put a wider neck on it? Mya-Moe is all about customer satisfaction. If you just don't like it that's okay too. Good luck.

I did talk to Gordon about the problem. The answer is that because of the way he dovetails the neck to body joint , changing the neck is not a practical solution. They built exactly the instrument that I ordered so I can't blame Gordon for my mistake in the choice of neck width. He would probably do it if I pushed him, but I don't think it is the right thing to do and I wouldn't feel good about it if he did. The instrument is beautiful and I love their craftsmanship and excellence in customer service. I will certainly talk to them first if/when I decide to order another custom ukulele. Til then I will just take any $ lumps on the sale of this one and move on.