Mya-Moe Baritone Classic... my GOOF! is your opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bariukish

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
After 6 mos wait I receive my custom MM in mid-August.After playing it for several weeks and having fretting issues, I realized that fretboard width at the nut is smaller than my old uke. I GOOFED! I didn't take into consideration that my big sausage fingers need the available wider nut/ neck width option. This is MM # 783. Go to their website and enter this number in the uke tracker and see complete specs, photos, and a video demo by Aaron Keim. The Pau Ferro (Bolivian rosewood) and Port Orford cedar (actually cypress) combination makes for a very bright tone with sustain that goes on forever. This is a popular choice of several top custom guitar makers. This wood combo is the only one that MM has ever made. It would be nearly impossible to find a similar grain pattern today, making this truly a one of a kind instrument. It's virtually new and, of course, comes with a MM hard case Current wait time for a new uke from MM is 7 months. My big mistake is your opportunity. Price is $1500 and includes shipping to CONUS. View attachment 43459View attachment 43460[
ATTACH=CONFIG]43461[/ATTACH]View attachment 43462

Ive collected instruments and refurbed wood furniture for years- that Uke is stunning my friend...
(apogies for the thread hijack)

The back on that thing is just gorgeous!

If only somebody would make that kind of "goof" with a MM concert resonator... Good luck with the sale, I don't think you'll have much trouble moving it.

wow !!! awesome woods
the back looks as 2 big M's like Mya Moe !!!!!!!!!

Wow! Beautiful instrument. Not in the cards for me right now, I can see a very happy new owner sometime soon.

That is one beautiful bari. I would love to hear it. Any chance of a sound sample?

–Lori

oops, I see there is a sound sample.

If you really want to keep it, why don't you just ask Gordon to put a wider neck on it? Mya-Moe is all about customer satisfaction. If you just don't like it that's okay too. Good luck.

If you really want to keep it, why don't you just ask Gordon to put a wider neck on it? Mya-Moe is all about customer satisfaction. If you just don't like it that's okay too. Good luck.

I did talk to Gordon about the problem. The answer is that because of the way he dovetails the neck to body joint , changing the neck is not a practical solution. They built exactly the instrument that I ordered so I can't blame Gordon for my mistake in the choice of neck width. He would probably do it if I pushed him, but I don't think it is the right thing to do and I wouldn't feel good about it if he did. The instrument is beautiful and I love their craftsmanship and excellence in customer service. I will certainly talk to them first if/when I decide to order another custom ukulele. Til then I will just take any $ lumps on the sale of this one and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom