Copyright Notice

GaryC1968

Reaction score
I got the following message on a link next to my video for Season 32 of the Ukulele:

Season 32 of the Ukulele - Bob Dylan Blues - Syd Barrett Cover

Your video may include the following copyrighted content:

Acknowledged claims

"BOB DYLAN BLUES", musical composition administered by:
The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA)

One or more music publishing rights collecting societies

What does this mean?

Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

This claim does not affect your account status.

Do I need to take my video down or is it okay to leave up until YouTube comes back and tells me specifically to take it down?

Just click on it and acknowledge their claim to copy right and they will at that point start putting
commercials at the bottom of your screen and they take the money from that. It's only when
you fight it you get black balled. Otherwise they are happy to make the money wherever they
can.

I got the following message on a link next to my video for Season 32 of the Ukulele:

Season 32 of the Ukulele - Bob Dylan Blues - Syd Barrett Cover

Your video may include the following copyrighted content:

Acknowledged claims

"BOB DYLAN BLUES", musical composition administered by:
The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA)

One or more music publishing rights collecting societies

What does this mean?

Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

This claim does not affect your account status.

Do I need to take my video down or is it okay to leave up until YouTube comes back and tells me specifically to take it down?

It's fine. If it had to be taken down, YouTube would have taken it down first, and then told you about it.

Thank you for the quick replies. I did click on the acknowlegement, so now they can make all of the money off the 20+ views of the video. ;)

Right they can make their big bucks off the few clicks that we get from posting.
It's not like anything we do is going to go viral at any moment.

Thank you for the quick replies. I did click on the acknowlegement, so now they can make all of the money off the 20+ views of the video. ;)

Yeah, I've thought about not monitizing my videos especially when someone told me that you only get something like $0.40 for every thousand clicks. BFD.

Top Bottom