Fs : Kamaka 8 string all koa white label

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
this instrument has been to a luau or 2. plenty of honest wear. solid player, almost crack free, one tiny one near one edge.
all Koa, top, back , sides, neck, fret board, bridge.
ebony nut and saddle.straight neck.
top does not feel flat between bridge and bottom. buckle rash on back.
this uke is LOUD. I believe it was designed so the Hula dancers could hear the music. If you desire to be heard above the crowd, look no further. you can tell this was no wall hanger, and the fretboatd shows extensive wear on the firsT 3 frets. the seam at the base can be felt, but is not cracked. I have noticed no changes in this uke in the time I have owned it. selling to get funds for a custom tenor, MAYBE ONE OF Bob's castoffs. haha.
strung with the 8 string set from Southcoast.
comes with what looks to be original case which is missing the locking part of 2 of the 4 latches, and has one bent back hinge [ the fabric that keeps the top from swinging all the way is missing] case is still in great shape for a vintage case. 100% functional.
$550 + shipping. would like to avoid paypal fees so a check or MO from a reputable UU'er would be prefered. I've sold many ukulele's here on UU and many other instruments [ including a high dollar Gibson guitar and mando] and have 100% pos feedback. lusting for a custom tenor [thinking a Moa or Rose] so a trade + cash possible.
sound sample:
http://youtu.be/_gQhfd2P7H0
many more pics
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/KAMAKA8/
KAMAKA001.jpg

KAMAKA005.jpg

KAMAKA009.jpg

Last edited:
forgot to mention a white side dot painted on thee\ edge of the fretboard at the 7th fret& if you look closely at the pic of the neck, one of the fret markers is a little out of line? I don't know if it came with them, or they wore off and were painted on. I haven;t ever noticed it till I looked at the picts. if I have forgotten anything, I'm under the weather today and more than a little foggy. so just ask, going to try and rest, so I'll get to requests when I can. I believe in full disclosure, so if I left anything out, ask. I don't ev en have a problem with a trial period, you just pay shipping both ways, mainly to discourage the less than serious

Nice!!! Great price too!!! I got one last winter and it was $750, and you are right....very loud!!!! The 8 string is an awesome uke.
Good luck!!

Love the bitburger drive shirt, too- one of the few german beers with less alcohol than Bud Light.

Curious what you mean by "top does not feel flat between bridge and bottom", do you think there is pulling up from the bridge??

I got one off EBay last year that didn't include a nice case. Great instrument, very full sounding. It's almost like having a uke ensemble playing. I've got southcoast strings on it right now. These white label 8 strings are from the 70's; the Koa has really opened up to give a great sound.
Whoever gets this uke will love it.

$550 is a steal. I got one of these last Christmas on here and it's one of my all-time favourites.

Mine also has a bit of pull on the bridge; go and watch the video from MyaMoe about this sort of thing, it's perfectly normal.

I don't know if I was clear, but the bridge is securely attached and does not look to have ever been re glued, however the area below the bridge does seem to have raised slightly. this seems common in vintage instruments, as my '60's Gibson bari has a similar issue. that being said , it does not affect it's playability, and is not really that noticeable. I just don't want there to be any surprises for the buyer. also. a few of the tuners turn kind of hard, they have had a lot of use in the 30+ years. if it were to be a daily player, I'd probably replace them. I think Stew=Mac has a few mando sets that will work with no modification, other than different screw holes. I can't think of anything else. it's a really fun instrument with a unique sound.

My tuners are hard to turn as well. I applied a touch of graphite powder and that seemed to help a tiny smith.

this is an amazing deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom