Kit build tool list?

Ben_H

Reaction score
Hi,

A woodworking friend of mine is interested in building a concert for his wife as a birthday present. Can anyone please supply a list of the bare minimum of tools he can get away with to make up a kit with pre-bent sides?

Cheers

ben

Here are some prepared lists from various schools

http://www.stewmac.com/Shopping?actn=search&keyword=tool+list

stew mac has kits too as do many other places, like Pete Howlett who is also a UK Gezzer.

With the stewmac (and most other) kits, you probably just need glue, 1 or 2 drill bits, 3 grits of sandpaper and some finishing product

there have been threads addressing this topic in the past. Might take a little searching. Google search might be better and it may even point you to the threads here.

Thanks for the link,

I printed out the StuMac kit info for him but they don't do a concert scale uke.

there have been threads addressing this topic in the past. Might take a little searching. Google search might be better and it may even point you to the threads here.

I tried the search facility but came up with nowt of use. :) There was a thread recently that talked about using Google instead and I've started doing that too but still didn't have much luck so went for the direct approach. It strikes me that this could be a topic for a sticky thread at the top. It could have basic tools, advanced tools and pro tools.

But I do make a concert kit aqnd I am based in North Wales - he could come and do a course!

Nice idea but I think the present is supposed to be for his wife, not himself ;)

Seriously though Pete, that is a good idea. Quite how he would explain his whereabouts to his wife when the uke is supposed to be a surprise though I'm not sure. I will however pass on your details to him.

Cheers

Ben

Top Bottom