I've Just Seen A Face - Beatles cover

23skidoo

Reaction score
here's a bonus for this week's Season, dedicated to the British Invasion.

I always feel like a spammer when I double post my Season entries, so apologies to those who've already seen it!

Superb work Bill. Everything you do is of the highest order mate. File Under: TOP SHELF.

Absolutely splendid, Bill! It is a treat to see and hear you do this. You have higher-order skills in playing, singing and engineering, and I'm glad you spent every minute you needed to do this song. I salute you!

You are quite right that such performances should be presented in the Seasons.

You've definitely got that multi-tracking down, great stuff. I know you must've spent a lot of time mastering the technology, but roughly, about how much time does it take you to produce something like this?

Stunning mate, wow not just in awe of your fantastic multi instrumental skills, but your video/computer skills to, awesome job, your songs are always a delight to watch and listen to mate, keep em coming, have a great weekend :)

Thanks very much for all the nice comments, folks - I really appreciate y'all watching and taking the time to say such nice things.

You've definitely got that multi-tracking down, great stuff. I know you must've spent a lot of time mastering the technology, but roughly, about how much time does it take you to produce something like this?

Doug - I've definitely got my routine down..... the time it takes really depends on the tune. This is one I've known for years, but only the chords - I've been strumming and singing this one for 15 years, but I had to spend a few days working out the twiddly bits, especially learning and transposing the intro. All in all, I was pretty well prepared when I sat down to record, so most of these tracks were only two or three takes - I got the whole thing recorded in 20-30 minutes. Once it was recorded, it only took about 10 minutes to clean up and mix the tracks. The video editing took the longest - I spent 45-60 minutes fooling with the clips, getting the video in order and synced with the audio track. Altogether, I spent about two hours on this one, not including the 30 minutes it took the computer to process and upload the video to YT.

The single frame videos I usually do for the Seasons are much faster. If I'm really comfortable with the tune and only have to do a couple of takes, I can get them recorded and edited in 30-45 minutes. The really time consuming videos are the multitrack numbers where I don't know the song as well and have to do multiple takes to get a good recording for a particular track. I tend not to obsess, though.... I rarely spend more than three hours on a video - I just don't have the time and I tend to want to get it done and not come back to it.....

That being said - when I first started doing this, it took a lot longer..... I'm no expert on this stuff, but I do it the same way every time and I've got a routine - I also know how to get the particular pieces of gear I use set up quickly and get the levels right with minimal tweaking - this is the part that used to be most time consuming. It took months of trial and error to figure all this stuff out.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom