Ehime Maru/Crosscurrent medly for the Jake VIP Cover Contest

RyRod

Reaction score
wow, Ryan..... I know I've said it before, but you are one of the top guys posting these instrumental covers here - so many folks struggle with the technical aspects of the tune that they aren't really making Music, with a capital 'M'..... they might play all the notes, but they don't have the lyrical, singing style that really brings out the beauty of these tough arrangements. This is really great playing, man - seems like every video you post is more polished and smooth.... you just keep getting better - keep it up.

wow, Ryan..... I know I've said it before, but you are one of the top guys posting these instrumental covers here - so many folks struggle with the technical aspects of the tune that they aren't really making Music, with a capital 'M'..... they might play all the notes, but they don't have the lyrical, singing style that really brings out the beauty of these tough arrangements. This is really great playing, man - seems like every video you post is more polished and smooth.... you just keep getting better - keep it up.

Bill, that has to be one of the best comments I have ever received. I have always tried to play more than just the notes and I'm glad that some people notice these things.

Thanks, Bill.

Rod you played that very nicely, I noticed you've got those dreaded octave runs down to pat. I really enjoy watching you get better and better. Good luck with the competition.

Rod you played that very nicely, I noticed you've got those dreaded octave runs down to pat. I really enjoy watching you get better and better. Good luck with the competition.

Thanks! Those muted octave strums still give me problems every now and then though. I just need to remember to keep my pinky pressed firmly on that bottom string. If I don't it sounds all buzzy and stuff.

As for the competition...I think I submitted my video too late and there's no coming back. Some guy just jumped ahead of the guy who was leading in votes all week. It all depends on how many "friends" you have on facebook I guess. I don't think the competition was structured correctly anyway. If people like me didn't get their video in on day one there was no catching up.

Did anyone mention that Ryan is really really good? :cool:

WOW, amazing stuff as always. And always amazing-er.

Top Bottom