"It Had To Be You"

Here's my take - shot in the car during alternate side of the street parking - of the 1924 Isham Jones/Gus Kahn standard. Played on my Ohana Vita Uke. I hope you like it.

Yes, John, we most certainly do like it. Great version, and a sweet sound in that ukulele.

That is another great one John. I assume you are parked just "off Broadway", waiting to go inside for a rehearsal...

When are you releasing the "Alternate Side of The Street" CD and Video?

Thanks, John - glad you liked it.

Thank you, Carrie! You DO have to try this uke. :)

Hey, Tom! That is an excellent title idea, isn't it?!

Thanks, Campbell - again! Very kind of you. :)

Tor - I really appreciate it. I think you and Jon doing this one a couple of months back reminded me how much I liked it - so you're to blame, buddy. :)

Thanks, John - glad you liked it.

Thank you, Carrie! You DO have to try this uke. :)

Hey, Tom! That is an excellent title idea, isn't it?!

Thanks, Campbell - again! Very kind of you. :)

Tor - I really appreciate it. I think you and Jon doing this one a couple of months back reminded me how much I liked it - so you're to blame, buddy. :)

John, I have tried it, my friend Kurt has one (ksiegel) I love it everything about it..

Simply wonderful, John! Great playing, great voice, lovely old song...... you are WASTED not doing this as a pro! Blogging it.......ok? Hope everything's going well for you right now, anyway.... :D Lesley

Fabulous John!!! You get everything possible out of those instruments you play, just superb mate.

Simply wonderful, John! Great playing, great voice, lovely old song...... you are WASTED not doing this as a pro! Blogging it.......ok? Hope everything's going well for you right now, anyway.... :D Lesley

:D i wish that was possible! :). Thanks for your good opinion and please go ahead and blog it. Things are good, though i wish i had made ot to Blackpool. I got my Vellum! Great item in there from your house! :D

Fabulous John!!! You get everything possible out of those instruments you play, just superb mate.

Thank you, Jon. I loved your version of this tune - and the good Doc's - and thought to do it myself. Hope it approaches the goodness of what you guys were able to lay down. :)

Thank you, Jon. I loved your version of this tune - and the good Doc's - and thought to do it myself. Hope it approaches the goodness of what you guys were able to lay down. :)

Man, I'm pretty sure I never played that song...not on the ukulele and not on the piano... However, I probably have to give it a try sometime, now that you've praised it beforehand...A great song, certainly. I have a wonderful video clip of it done by Brother Ray...mind blowing good!

:D HAha! I thought you HAD done it. My memory is clearly faulty. Explains why I have such a hard time remembering some lyrics. OK - can't wait to see your version, now. :)

Top Bottom