Lovin the new Pono MBD baritone

Tailgate

Reaction score
Here's a pic of Pono bari from HMS with a Koaloha thin body tenor for size comparison. The standard tuning and the 'came with' Koolau strings produced a rich, deep guitar-like sound which I enjoyed, but didn't want to learn the baritone chords yet.

I replaced with Southcoast light gauge linear/no wound set and tuned to Bb. This gave me the tone and playability I was hoping for. The wide neck make this baritone extremely easy to play. Really liking this uke :D Next set of strings I'll experiment with will be the Living Waters.

Cheers and thanks for lookin'

Attachments

• ponoand koaloha.jpg
    ponoand koaloha.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 81
Looks gorgeous - I love the rosette, simply and classy!!

Congratulations! I just got one of these from HMS a month ago and love the rich, mellow sound. After learning my songs with the baritone tuning, I'm now struggling to go back to my concert. It's a great addition to my uke family.

I enjoy the Bb tuning so I don't have to learn new chords.. just got a Shubb capo so I can tune up to C with a click on the 2nd fret.. life is good..

I enjoy the Bb tuning so I don't have to learn new chords.. just got a Shubb capo so I can tune up to C with a click on the 2nd fret.. life is good..

You really don't have to learn new chords with a Baritone. It's the same as retuning your uke to Bb. Your chord shapes are going to be the same on a C tuned, a G tuned, Bb tuned, etc... The names just change, thats all :)

Top Bottom