We're adopting a fun bunch...

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Mike just loaded what you see below into his car and is bringing this colorful collection to the workshop tomorrow. One of his friends is moving to the mainland and letting go of all these cool collectable ukes. Mike's got good friends! I am so excited to fix them up and learn about them as I list. Looks like there's some real hooligans in the group. woohoo!! I love when things out of the norm come our way. so fun.
vintage ukes.jpg

Aloha Andrew,
How much for the whole bunch...hee hee hope there are some Gibson extended fretboard in there.of course
some nunes diaz summers and all the hawaiian goodies..LOL

Aloha Andrew,
How much for the whole bunch...hee hee hope there are some Gibson extended fretboard in there.of course
some nunes diaz summers and all the hawaiian goodies..LOL

Lol - you're proving to me how much of a noob I am. I was all "I really want the red one. Or, oooo...purple!" :D

LOL! My first reaction was actually, "I want the purple one in the front row".

Mine would be second row in the middle - looks like a sunburst with a neat rosette. May not acutally be purple though, but looks that way on my screen. Or the second row red on the far right - grrrowl!

I like the one on the front row with the black body and headstock and white (maple?) fretboard.

I'll take top row, 5th from the right; middle row 1st left (is that an old blond domino?0 plus all the Regals...I can see at least two nice ones there I think. :eek:ld:

PS Ralf will take the plastic ones he he

I'll take top row, 5th from the right; middle row 1st left (is that an old blond domino?0 plus all the Regals...I can see at least two nice ones there I think. :eek:ld:

PS Ralf will take the plastic ones he he

Yes that is a blond domino. What amazes me is that these were all acquired pre ebay.....Theres a story with every one as these were bought from pawn shops and antique stores all over the usa as the collector toured the states playing music. It took over 20 years for him to find all these ukes..much harder to do that as he did since there was no net and no ebay...

Yes that is a blond domino. What amazes me is that these were all acquired pre ebay.....Theres a story with every one as these were bought from pawn shops and antique stores all over the usa as the collector toured the states playing music. It took over 20 years for him to find all these ukes..much harder to do that as he did since there was no net and no ebay...

Such sadness lies here when a uker and collector has to unload his babies for any reason, he must have gotten some great prices back then.

Sad that he has to unload these ukes, but really cool to think about collecting pre-eBay/web. I bet I'd be way more responsible with my purchases if I actually had to chase each uke down.

And only slightly related, but I wonder if buyer's remorse has changed (or rather how it's grown) with buying collectibles being so easy nowadays.

Top Bottom