New "old" baritone uke for me!

D

dhoenisch

Hey all. I normally don't post a new uke on this forum, but I got such a great deal, I couldn't keep it to myself.

I've been looking for a Harmony baritone for a long time. Every now and then, they come up for sale on this site, but it is always when I don't have the funds. Well on Tuesday, I was looking through CraigsList and found one for only $25. Problem was, it was 45 miles from my house, and I wouldn't have been able to get out there until saturday. The dude decided to hold onto it for me until then, which was more than cool. I got out there yesterday morning, handed him $30 (an extra $5 for hanging onto it for me) and all is well.

The uke lived on a stand with vinyl covers, so the finish by those areas have all melted and re-hardened, so it looks like crap. The tuners are original, and though the action is right where it needs to be, the strings between the holes and the saddle are dang near straight, so eventually, a neck reset will be in order.

Still an awesome deal for this Harmony baritone, and it sound awesome. Nice and deep with a bassy sound on the wound strings. I looked for about two years for one, and now my search is done.

Dan

DSCN2116.jpg

DSCN2117.jpg

DSCN2118.jpg

DSCN2120.jpg

"Like!" I have a Lyra, which I believe is the same model sold under a different label. Replaced the saddle with something thicker and got a fuller sound (I think I put a Tusq saddle in, but might be bone).

Nice find, and a great deal! I have pretty much the same uke. Rumored to have Brazilian rosewood for the fretboard and bridge, which is neat.

Aloha Dan,
You da Man...congrats what a score...lookin' great... how come I don't get those deals.....hee hee happy strummings..

Thanks all. The are rare, but good deals are still out there as long as you are patient and persistent in your searches, and really, really nice in your reply e-mails.

Haole: Before I saw what you posted, I was thinking that about the fingerboard wood. I was looking at the grain pattern on the fingerboard, and noticed the almost black grain ends on the side of the fingerboard, and I thought exactly what you heard rumor of. I don't know if that's the wood they used, but it sure does look like it.

Dan

Top Bottom