26 Miles (Santa Catalina)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Hope you like my collaboration with Steve Pearman on this great oldie from 1958:

A bit of ukulele trivia from Wikipedia: At the age of 15, the band's lead singer Bruce Belland broke his ankle and took up the ukulele to pass the time while recuperating. He learned four chords, which ended up becoming the song's opening music. The chorus was developed some time later, when, while body surfing at a California beach, Belland's friend said he could see Santa Catalina 26 miles away.

That was great! Hadn't heard this one before. You guys did a great job! Very fitting for me. Found this link after searching the forums. Plan on playing this today. Thanks!

http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/tabs/030524.html

If you have any better tabs or fingerpicking. I would love it!

Last edited:
Thank you! Sorry, I didn't tab anything out. I'll try to add the chords later when I have more time. Thanks for watching!

Really enjoyed this - so much fun, and nice harmonies! Brings back memories too!

I really enjoyed it too. You guys sound great together. This song is in the daily ukulele song book. My friend from Wisconsin didn't know it so I thought it might have been a regional hit, back in the day. It is a fun and easy song to play.

Thanks, friends! Thanks for the link to the jetpack flight, itsme! I didn't know about it at all!

Thank you! Yes, I hope to do more duets and collabs! They're fun to do!

Top Bottom