Baritone tuned to GCEA??

markallen

Reaction score
Hi Gang,
I have a really nice Webber Baritone uke that I'm not using as much as I want and I'm wondering if I would make more use of it if it was tuned to GCEA to match my other ukes. Is anyone else doing this? If so, I'm looking for string recommendations that will work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

These will do the trick. A baritone I purchased this summer came with them on it. They are remarkable strings, but I prefer the baritone in DGBE tuning so I took them off. I have another baritone strung with these and tuned F Bb D G and love them on that instrument.

These will do the trick. A baritone I purchased this summer came with them on it. They are remarkable strings, but I prefer the baritone in DGBE tuning so I took them off. I have another baritone strung with these and tuned F Bb D G and love them on that instrument.

Thanks so much. I'll check these out in the morning and get a couple sets ordered.

This video doesn't recommend string sets, but it has some interesting observations on tuning a baritone ukulele to GCEA.

Guadaloupe baritone C octave below

I have a baritone tuned reentrant Bb and I really like it.

Southcoast uke, low- GCEA strings. Really, the only way to go.

Top Bottom