1ste Year of ukulele playing

BabyGuitar

Reaction score
I would like to see your 1st year videos too!

I'm playing the uke the now for 1 year. I just learns by watching YouTube vids and tutorials, as I have no musical education. This video is just one sample but I think even if it sounds simple intros peace is "lot of technique" for a beginner like 4-fingerpicking and of course the speed.

The reason why I posted this video is to show people how far you can get within a year from "down-down-up-up-down" to nice solos. I know it's not perfect yet but it's just a matter of time.

Very nice. You've got a good handle on the rhythm, as well as the picking, and using the entire neck.

Are you reading music/tabs, or is that all by ear?

(I have to ask, because I can read neither, and play strictly by ear.)

-Kurt​

Very impressive. I have been playing for two years and you got me beat. Give me another year, I have just begun focusing on finger picking. Thanks for sharing, it is very inspirational.

Thanks for your replies!
I was very curious how fast other people making progress On the ukulele but didn't find anything on YouTube.
It's certainly not the best thing I can play but I wanted to show people what you could possibly manage after a year just learning by YouTube and of course Ukulele Underground! I'm already 25 yrs old but it's never to late making music.

Current Status:
able to...
- play different strumming techniques( reggea, triple, muted, chunk etc.)
- read tabs with help of power tabs but I prefer if I have a tab with a video tutorial
- play songs without asking "what is the strumming pattern?"
- play picking solos like no women no cry, the godfather, etc.
- use my pinky or baby finger (would never thought I could do that, felt at first like it dosent belong to my hand)

Would like to be able to...
- understand the theory and applying that
- play Easley improvisations
- play songs without looking up on google what the chords are
- better singing :)
- jamming with other musicians

... I wonder how much time this would take?

Top Bottom