Compulsive Package Tracking Disorder

collarbone

Reaction score
Britihsh Columbia: Last stop for the Pineapple Exp
I think I have a new one for the DSM. I am watching my new Ukulele travel to my home as it crosses oceans and borders. I know it is nearby but still just out of reach. Did the Border Services agents give it a strum, are the Postal workers being nice to it? How often can you check your tracking number before it becomes a "problem"?

I think I have a new one for the DSM. I am watching my new Ukulele travel to my home as it crosses oceans and borders. I know it is nearby but still just out of reach. Did the Border Services agents give it a strum, are the Postal workers being nice to it? How often can you check your tracking number before it becomes a "problem"?

Just another symptom of UAS or any other "AS" ha ha.. I hope it comes soon.. cograts and what is it?

I am guilty. It is in the same category as how many days until Christmas or their birthday for my kids. Congratulations!

Not that I buy many ukes anymore sadly, but I use the Deliveries app for my compulsive tracking needs. It started as an OsX dashboard widget, then came out for iPhone and then iPad as well. It syncs your info across platforms so that you only need enter numbers once. It might be available for other platforms as well for all I know. If it isn't, then it should be.

Now you can check in a cold sweat at 3am. :)

Yes, I check compulsively. In fact, I'm expecting one today. I checked this morning and it said "out for delivery". Yay! Then I received an email saying that delivery would be delayed until tomorrow. Bummer. But the website still says "out for delivery", and actually, this has happened before and it has always shown up on the appointed day. So - congratulations to you and to me!

I once tracked down a UPS truck in a Walmart parking lot as it made its rounds so I could grab a new drum out of the driver's hands an hour early.

I'm not a stalker, I'm just really friendly!

I'm doing the same thing as we speak. Even though they will email updates of status changes I still go to the web site tracker each day (several time a day). By the way, how can it take 4 days to go from the depot in California to the depot in Illinois? Did the driver stop in Vegas???? The poor thing still has 2 more stops before I get it. The agony!!

My problem is door codes. Our building has a door code, and none of the major carriers will accept the door code from the shipper (like if you put it in the comments of your order, it can be written on the box and the drivers ignore it). Nor will the major carriers accept the door code from you until it is in the country and out for delivery. This can mean a delay of a day or more (a couple of days if the phone operator forgets to log the code and send it to the driver). It's insane when you consider most people in Helsinki live in apartments, and most of those buildings have door codes. I think I had one time, one time in my 14 years living here, that the driver thought to simply call the number that was on the package and ask.

So you have to refresh refresh refresh, call at 7:59:59 if you want it that day. ARGH!

I'm definitely a sufferer too - doing it right now. It also gives me a sense when I absolutely need to tell the bf a new uke is coming!

We live in a rural area, so they "try" to deliver to the house, but then we need to pick up at the post office (our post boxes are too small for most things). Which was weird with my last delivery because my seller had seen that they tried to deliver it but that it failed. It seemed to cause some concern.

Not that I buy many ukes anymore sadly, but I use the Deliveries app for my compulsive tracking needs. It started as an OsX dashboard widget, then came out for iPhone and then iPad as well. It syncs your info across platforms so that you only need enter numbers once. It might be available for other platforms as well for all I know. If it isn't, then it should be.

Now you can check in a cold sweat at 3am. :)

oh no. This was possibly the worst thing for me to ever learn about. I'm a compulsive checker, but have avoided the phone checking.

It's only a problem if you keep checking it once it's arrived.
Then you may want to see someone for counseling. Until then
it's good to know where it is at in it's journey.

You know what really sucks is when you don't get a tracking number and they leave behind one of those "we attempted to deliver your uke that we know you've been eagerly waiting for and have been counting down the days/hours/seconds for it to be delivered" message stickers because FedEx needs a signature. So now you have to drive to the distribution center to pick it up or wait for the next business day which sucks because they left the message on Friday. But all is good because they were open on Saturday. UAS sucks sometimes ;)

I have a uke marked "out for delivery" and they are usually here a half hour ago. This is the worst part of the shipping process!!

Mine is marked in transit to the post office near the destination. It has been that way for more than 24hrs. The truck must have broken down because I could easily walk to the distribution centre from my house in 9 hours and 36 minutes according to google.

Top Bottom