PDA

View Full Version : My New Ukulele Website, Leeward Lounge Ukuleles

finkdaddy
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Aloha!

I have been an artist and woodcarver for many years, and recently started making ukuleles. Since I've discovered how incredibly satisfying uke building is, I have switched over my shop from carving to luthiery.
So, to reflect this, I've decided to change my presence on the web.
I have reworked my old blog site to a new ukulele theme.
I will, of course, be posting pics of the ukes I build, but I will also try and use it for a lot of other things like reviews and opinions of things that interest me that might also interest you kind folks.

Please take a peek and let me know what you think.
It's just a basic template right now, but I will soon add some custom backgrounds and such to spruce it up.

Here's the link: Leeward Lounge Ukuleles (http://www.leewardlounge.blogspot.com/)
Thank you!

Doc_J
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice site Fred. Your ukes are looking good. Nice inlay work!

sillymonky
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Nice. Love the inlay mountains, and also the swish at the top of the headstock and the funky bridge. I do like a uke that doesn't necessarily look like a traditional uke :)

Newportlocal
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Nice site and quick study on making ukuleles. Like the island inlay.

Nickie
10-01-2012, 06:09 PM
They are really great looking ukes. Very unusual, not run of the mill...

katysax
10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice job on the Website Fred! It's good you are showing off your ukes like that. Since I'm waiting for mine it's fun to look at the ones you have already built.

808boy
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Nice site, save it to my favs, nice ukes too. Love the Mango uke, mine (from a different builder) sounds awesome. What are your prices?

mds725
10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Nice job on the website! If you start producing lots of ukuleles, you may want to look at the websites of other smaller builders, like Willie Wixom (http://www.wawixomukuleles.com/) or Steve van Pelt (http://vanpeltukuleles.com/), to give your site less of a blog feel and more of an "ukulele catalog" feel, but you got the important stuff - lots of photos and some sound samples. Your ukuleles are beautiful and your Pablus ukulele sounds great! Are you planning to build different scale ukuleles?

finkdaddy
10-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Thank you for the kind words, everyone!

katysax, I always forget to ask you who you are on UU. Now I know! I have your neck all roughed out now. I'll send a pic over to you this week after I've had a chance to round out the bottom.

808boy, My prices have been all over the map, but they start at $600 and go up from there depending on details and hardware.

mds725, Yes, I will be making different sizes. I just haven't taken time to make the jigs for them yet. I figured that eventually someone would want me to build a concert or soprano, so I would make them at that point. Thank you for the site suggestions, I will definately look at them.

Thanks again, all!

dkcrown
10-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Best of luck to you Finky moving forward.The ukes sound great.