New prices for KoAloha will affect prices for Ko'olau and Kanile'a?

Linho

Reaction score
KoAloha drastically increased their prices.

Does anyone know if the other K brands will get much more expensive? Right now KoAloha is in Concert and Tenor size even more expensive than Ko'olau and Kanile'a. :rolleyes:

One way to look at it is to say that KoAloha brought their prices in line with the competition.

But, no, I don't know about the others. MGM is probably the best source for answers to those questions.

I think the other K brands have had price increases before Koaloha did, which left Koaloha with great prices compared to the other K's. Ther is no doubt in my mind that the rest will have price increases in the future, maybe months maybe years. But I do not believe the latest price increase from Koaloha will drive the decision.

Production model price increases make custom luthier's instruments all the more practical.

Production model price increases make custom luthier's instruments all the more practical.

I agree with you i feel custom ukes are worth every cent you pay! the quality and sound hard to beat..but everybody wants a production K brand>> me too Ha ha..but those days are past for me now..custom or special orders only..

I talked to MGM and just ordered a KoAloha thin body tenor. He said that whatever he picks up this afternoon will get a price increase. I think that KoAloha has really been a great deal. New price puts them on par with the others. They all have their strong points. Just happy to play the 'ukulele and spread the Aloha!

I bought a Pono MT blem at a very low member price from HMS a couple of months ago. It is a great instrument. So easy to play.

Thanks for your opinions. Okay, I hope that the other K brands, especially Kanile'a, won't increase their prices the next 8 months drastically since I gonna buy a nice Koa Tenor next year in June. ;)

I just learned that a tenor with Baggs that I ordered a month ago is this very one in Corey's video!

http://vimeo.com/50632014

Anyone considering a KoAloha, call MGM and Hawaiian Music Supply now. I said NOW! lol

http://www.theukulelesite.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=koaloha

I finally decided late last week to get one of those KoAloha tenors from HMS. It arrived today. (REALLY FAST shipping)

Wow. Totally enthralled by the sound (low G). Different from my CR tenor.

Kind of makes me wonder why I never got one of these KoAloha tenors before. Eh, better late than never.

so glad i bought my KoAloha Pikkake 6 weeks ago, only sorry I couldn't afford a Pikkake concert as well, these ukes are fantasic ukuleles, they are the first ukes I cannot find fault with

KoAloha fan for life

Top Bottom