Martin KOA Baritone on FMM

I'd definitely like to play it. It really only costs a little over twice what I paid for my Martin mahogany baritone. Hah!! I love the way that sounds.

It's also on eBay BIN 3500.

Last edited:
That is an insane price...only a wealthy serious collector would buy or could afford this...so my question is, if it is so good, why is he selling it?

stan, maybe he will post it over here & we can ask! I can think of many reasons to keep it, but we dont know his situation...I have sold some 'keepers' in the last year(nothing of this magnitude) due to un-foreseen changes

I don't think I've ever said this before but: that's some mighty uncurled koa.

Way overpriced. Bernuzio Music in Rochester, NY. had one last year for 2 grand in mint condition. The seller thinks he has another Gibson Poinsettia.

UC: I know you have a really nice baritone 'collection' and are probably as knowledgeable as anyone about baritone ukes. The seller states this is the only one he has seen and perhaps the only one in existence. That might explain the inflated price.

I'd sure like to hear and play it though. Of course I'd also like to play most of the baritones in your collection...such as the Gibson baritone. :)

Way overpriced. Bernuzio Music in Rochester, NY. had one last year for 2 grand in mint condition. The seller thinks he has another Gibson Poinsettia.

Yeah I don't think I'd even pay $2k for a 70's 80's era Martin Uke. No offense to Martin (my favorite guitar builder), but the 70's 80's were not a great era for them. There jigs were way off, most have neck issues and intonation problems. I wouldn't pay anymore for this than I would a 50's or 60's era Martin Baritone.

Does anyone know of there are repros of this particular model available somewhere? Or something vaguely similar in tenor/baritone size with the friction tuners, uncurly koa/acacia (or similar in colour) wood and black binding? I'm in love with that black binding on koa :drool:

Top Bottom