Finally, a new video!

lambchop

Reaction score
My mom's favorite song. Done on low resolution computer cam, mic way too hot. I'll make a better version soon, but just to get something up there, here it is:

Last edited:
Love the song, not one I know :D Sounds good! :music:

cant see your hands, just a wobbly shot of the uke neck, stand back a bit.

cant see your hands, just a wobbly shot of the uke neck, stand back a bit.

Yeah, it's got a pretty narrow range of what I can get in. I was kind of more interested in just seeing if the software that came with the program worked. I like it because it allows me to do things so much easier than getting out the video camera and transferring from that - maybe I'll get a nicer HD webcam so the quality can be a little better. Mike

Love the song, not one I know :D Sounds good! :music:

Thanks for the kind words. It's an old Yiddish song redone in the 40s by the Andrews Sisters. My mom sang it on the stage in the 40s in a talent show hosted by a local theater back in the time when a day at the show was more than just a movie and some trailers. She took second place in the show and, more importantly, instilled in me a desire to share my music as well. We just lost her this past April, so I have become fascinated with this song as a tribute to her. Google the Andrews Sisters version on YouTube - it's amazing stuff.

Thanks for the kind words. It's an old Yiddish song redone in the 40s by the Andrews Sisters. My mom sang it on the stage in the 40s in a talent show hosted by a local theater back in the time when a day at the show was more than just a movie and some trailers. She took second place in the show and, more importantly, instilled in me a desire to share my music as well. We just lost her this past April, so I have become fascinated with this song as a tribute to her. Google the Andrews Sisters version on YouTube - it's amazing stuff.

Thanks for the info about the song - sorry to hear about your mom. You did a great tribute to her with this video :D

I know this song well (Andrews Sisters and others) - this is a really nice version. Funky rhythm, and some very nice phrasing. Well done!

I know this song well (Andrews Sisters and others) - this is a really nice version. Funky rhythm, and some very nice phrasing. Well done!

Thanks so much. The idea was doing a Yiddish song with a Latin beat. I was performing it as per Andrews sisters, but since I don't have the three-part close harmony I had to do something else so I am glad you like it. Mike

Top Bottom