PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a new video!

lambchop
10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
My mom's favorite song. Done on low resolution computer cam, mic way too hot. I'll make a better version soon, but just to get something up there, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXehthFCBkY

joeybug
10-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Love the song, not one I know :D Sounds good! :music:

webby
10-03-2012, 01:36 AM
cant see your hands, just a wobbly shot of the uke neck, stand back a bit.

UkuEroll
10-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Very cool, nice singing too!

lambchop
10-03-2012, 02:54 AM
cant see your hands, just a wobbly shot of the uke neck, stand back a bit.

Yeah, it's got a pretty narrow range of what I can get in. I was kind of more interested in just seeing if the software that came with the program worked. I like it because it allows me to do things so much easier than getting out the video camera and transferring from that - maybe I'll get a nicer HD webcam so the quality can be a little better. Mike

lambchop
10-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Love the song, not one I know :D Sounds good! :music:

Thanks for the kind words. It's an old Yiddish song redone in the 40s by the Andrews Sisters. My mom sang it on the stage in the 40s in a talent show hosted by a local theater back in the time when a day at the show was more than just a movie and some trailers. She took second place in the show and, more importantly, instilled in me a desire to share my music as well. We just lost her this past April, so I have become fascinated with this song as a tribute to her. Google the Andrews Sisters version on YouTube - it's amazing stuff.

fitncrafty
10-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Never heard that one either,, great singing and playing...

UkuleleHan96
10-03-2012, 03:13 AM
cool :) nice playing and singing :)

joeybug
10-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the kind words. It's an old Yiddish song redone in the 40s by the Andrews Sisters. My mom sang it on the stage in the 40s in a talent show hosted by a local theater back in the time when a day at the show was more than just a movie and some trailers. She took second place in the show and, more importantly, instilled in me a desire to share my music as well. We just lost her this past April, so I have become fascinated with this song as a tribute to her. Google the Andrews Sisters version on YouTube - it's amazing stuff.

Thanks for the info about the song - sorry to hear about your mom. You did a great tribute to her with this video :D

sillymonky
10-03-2012, 06:50 AM
I know this song well (Andrews Sisters and others) - this is a really nice version. Funky rhythm, and some very nice phrasing. Well done!

lambchop
10-04-2012, 05:37 AM
I know this song well (Andrews Sisters and others) - this is a really nice version. Funky rhythm, and some very nice phrasing. Well done!

Thanks so much. The idea was doing a Yiddish song with a Latin beat. I was performing it as per Andrews sisters, but since I don't have the three-part close harmony I had to do something else so I am glad you like it. Mike