Koalanas Are here. Wow

Looking forward to the review Mike!

I can already tell you since I played the advance models that they are virtually koalohas just made with mahogany or sapele. The tone is pure koaloha and undoubtedly one of the best imports in the soprano and concert size available today...by the way. This is just part of the story as these will be in limited edition as they will be soon known as koaloha jr's in the future.

Will be looking forward to pix and review. Great news Mike!

Want!

(Yet more for the collection!)

Dang you Mike! I suspect I'm going to be calling you about a mahogany concert...like I really need one... :( :)

Dang you Mike! I suspect I'm going to be calling you about a mahogany concert...like I really need one... :( :)

I just filled the Company van with all the Koalonas and they are at our internet warehouse and at our store for sale...No they do not plan to make tenors yet....maybe down the road....

R U getting one, PeeWee?

Seriously, how can a $370 KoAlana concert solid body mahogany ukulele that looks and plays similarly to a koa KoAloha not undercut sales of the newly priced $900 KoAloha concert? I don't see any logic to this business model.

Trust me, if someone enters the KoAloha ohana at the $370 level, then saves enough dough for a premium uke, I think they will be looking at a different K brand, rather than buying something nearly identical to what they already have for 250% more.

P.S> Here's a sound sample of the KoAlana./ Sounds sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gp9pS9wZ_M

Last edited:
R U getting one, PeeWee?

Seriously, how can a $370 KoAlana concert solid body mahogany ukulele that looks and plays similarly to a koa KoAloha not undercut sales of the newly priced $900 KoAloha concert? I don't see any logic to this business model.

Trust me, if someone enters the KoAloha ohana at the $370 level, then saves enough dough for a premium uke, I think they will be looking at a different K brand, rather than buying something nearly identical to what they already have for 250% more.

Thanks for the sound sample. It does sound great.

These videos of little kids who can beat the pants off me with their playing almost makes me think I should hang up my uke though. Heh!

R U getting one, PeeWee?

Uke sounds sweet. Little girl is amazing, so talented!

They look and sound awesome. Bet they'll sell quick at that price.

Top Bottom