Checking interest...MP Custom Slothead Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
I am considering selling my MP Custom Slothead Tenor. This was my second custom and is a little near and dear to my heart but it doesn't get much play anymore due to my Moore Bettah and Luis Feu de Mesquita. Plus, I could use the money.

Some specs:
Solid sitka spruce top
Solid koa back & sides
Ebony fretboard & bridge
Koa faceplate & fret markers
Koa rosette
Maple binding
Slotted headstock
Satin finish
Fishman AG Series passive undersaddle pickup
Currently strung with D'Addario T2s
This ukulele was also the first to use the vertical fret markers that he has used on many ukes since.

In the interest of full disclosure: I had the pickup installed by another luthier. Not sure why but the G string is slightly quieter than the others when plugged in. Otherwise the ukulele is in pristine condition...no cracks, dings...I don't even see any strumming scratches.

Pictures:

MP1.jpg

MP2.jpg

MP3.jpg

Video:

This uke is also shown on MP Ukuleles Video & Sounds section of his website (it's #099):

http://mpukuleles.com/Videos___Sound_Clips.php

Ken Middleton recently did a review on an MP tenor that can be found here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?70337-MIKE-PEREIRA-TENOR-Review

Anyway, onto price...I paid $1075 for the ukulele. I'd be looking to get $800. The case is included as well as shipping to the continental US. I'll also toss in a free Snark tuner (SN-2...the red one).

Last edited:
Chris it's a gorgeous instrument. Have no doubt there will be lots of interest at that price. Stunning version of 'Misty' too mate...

With your mojo on it and that amazing video I'm sure it would go quickly just as Eugene's ukes do. I'm just glad it's not a concert size!!

Aloha Chris,
Since you have not put a price...I am sure you will keep it...I will never let my MP go... it sounds so great and I bought it from a good friend....Happy Strummings..

Dear Nuprin,

Cheers to the Green Mountain state from a Massachusetts native (now stuck in the corn of IL).

I got the MP tenor that is reviewed by Ken in the link you have provided. It's a stunner, as is yours. I can vouch for the quality. Mike is super nice, and man, what a luthier.

I will say, and this is my experience with a rosewood soundboard and walnut body (so it might be different than yours), the D'Addario T2s that mine came with didn;t do it one bit of justice. Too "muddy" and low volume. I placed linear Southcoasts on mine, and man, what a difference in volume and dynamic range. It's also now D-tuned (low A), which will contrast it with a KoAloha tenor high G tenor coming to me soon. Between the two ukes, I will have my tenors "dialed in" just where I want them.

Again, string change improvement may or may not be true of yours, if you decide to keep it.

For anyone looking for a lovely tenor, I can vouch for the MP brand. Big time! Mike Pereira is, in a word, an artist.

P.S. Nuprin, you are an exceptional player.

Last edited:
MM Stan,
He put a price of $950 shipped with case. A total steal.

Aloha Chris,
Since you have not put a price...I am sure you will keep it...I will never let my MP go... it sounds so great and I bought it from a good friend....Happy Strummings..

I wish I am lucky to be a MBU-LFDM owner like you and RichM!! Trust me, I've tried!!

Decided to sell. I was playing it tonight and it really is a fantastic uke but I could use the money.

Also, I checked my records and it didn't cost as much as I had remembered. I've updated the original post with the correct price as well as dropped the sell price to $800.

Wow Chris. Once again selling a great uke at a great price. If you were a female I would call you the supreme temptress. So does that make you a tempter? Or a tempterer?

Good luck with the sale, but it won't last long.

The curse of the Moore Bettah strikes again!

I have the no frills basic MP, kinda plain, but tone, tone, tone. plays easy peasy too. gotta love his necks . I've had it strung Hi and lowG, and it's great either way. highly recommended.

Lovely Playing and nice price on such a toneful instrument. I am surprised it is still here. I must move away from this thread....quickly

I'd love this uke. PM sent.

PM sent. One of the most beautiful ukes I have ever seen. Basically my dream uke being a sitka spruce/koa combo. Stunning.

I wouldn't mind be related to a talent such as him. I assume he likes sitka topped ukes with koa back and sides? Haha. I have a guitar with the combo and I LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom